Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Crashes at login.

Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201746

Just installed Lightworks. Everything is working fine, however, when I try to log into my account it doesn't work. I enter my login information and click continue and it crashes. Can anyone help me fix this? Please Help!

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201747

  • briandrys
  • Moderator
    Pro User
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8407
  • 1 month ago
Welcome to the forum.

Have you had Lightworks running at anytime?

Please could you provide the specification of your computer.

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201769

  • arniepix
  • Moderator
    Pro User
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1604
  • 1 month ago
Just in case it's not obvious, You use the same login for Lightworks on your computer as you do for this forum.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201788

I am aware, I am using the same login.

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201791

Thanks for the welcome! Lightworks is working perfectly fine at the moment other than some lagging (video will start playing before audio), it is only when I try to log in that it crashes.
My computer is an HP Pavillion X360
64 bit, x64 based processor
Intel Pentium
4.00 GB RAM

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201793

  • briandrys
  • Moderator
    Pro User
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8407
  • 1 month ago
Your computer is underpowered, so the internal proxy editing is the way to go.

I assume when you say log in, you mean when renewing you free license.

Please attach a zipped error log to your next message, this is located for Windows: C:/Users/Public/Documents/Lightworks/Logs

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201795

Thank you for responding so quickly! Yes, I do mean renewing my free license. Please forgive my ignorance but, I'm not sure what you mean by internal proxy editing, nor am I sure what a zipped error log is. Also, the Lightworks folder was not located in Documents on my computer. I did find it in Program Files however there was no file called Logs in it. It would be extremely helpful if you could please explain to me what I should do so that I can better understand. Thank you so much for your help!

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201796

  • briandrys
  • Moderator
    Pro User
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8407
  • 1 month ago
Please look on P144 of the User Guide for info on proxies, this can be found in downloads > documentation.

Look in your file explorer in OS(C:) > Users then follow the directories listed below.

Zip is a compression for reducing the file size. There are free programs available that will do that for you eg 7-Zip.

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201797

Thanks for the help! Here's the zipped error log you asked for.
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201800

  • hugly
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 20168
  • 1 month ago
I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem you're encountering, the log says for the 64-bit Windows release:

Lightworks 64-bit (Release, build Lw : 109545 Common : 109147 Dependencies : 109363 dated Oct  2 2018)


I downloaded, installed and cross-checked that this is indeed the version currently downloadable from Downloads on top of this page.

However, the current release is supposed to be
Lightworks 64-bit (Release, build Lw : 110128 Common : 109147 Dependencies : 110124 dated Oct 25 2018)

Referring to some earlier downloads of the installer I have here, this change of versions must have taken place after the 20th of June 2019.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201802

  • hugly
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 20168
  • 1 month ago
What I don't understand:

TashaKalicharan wrote:
Lightworks is working perfectly fine at the moment .., it is only when I try to log in that it crashes.

How is it possible to work, if you can't login?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201803

  • schrauber
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 3248
  • 1 month ago
hugly wrote:
Lightworks 64-bit (Release, build Lw : 109545 Common : 109147 Dependencies : 109363 dated Oct  2 2018)

This is the first official release of 14.5 in mid-October 2018. I use this in too.
If I remember correctly, then it was reported at the time that in the file the release date is the date of the then last 14.5 beta.

hugly wrote:
Lightworks 64-bit (Release, build Lw : 110128 Common : 109147 Dependencies : 110124 dated Oct 25 2018)
I installed this version in parallel several months ago. My guess was that only the wrong release date was corrected. I have not found other differences yet, but I can also be wrong.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 month ago by schrauber. Reason: Translation corrected

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201804

  • hugly
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 20168
  • 1 month ago
Beside of the date, the build is different.

Both release dates don't match the release date shown on the Download page, "17 Oct 2018", but that isn't new.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201807

  • schrauber
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 3248
  • 1 month ago
hugly wrote:
... TashaKalicharan wrote:
Lightworks is working perfectly fine at the moment .., it is only when I try to log in that it crashes.

How is it possible to work, if you can't login?

That's my question too.
To avoid misunderstandings:
Occasionally, when you start Lightworks, a window will pop up asking you to enter your username and password to re-enable your free license for this computer.

TashaKalicharan wrote:
... I enter my login information and click continue and it crashes...

What happens exactly?
Is Lightworks closing without warning?
Could you then reopen Lightworks without poping up a window for entering access data?
Can you continue working until sometime the window opens again? (In this case you would have successfully activated your license.) The interim crash still remains strange.

If so, does this happen every time you enter your access data?

Or do you mean with "crash" not the program Lightworks, but only that closes the window after the entrance data?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 month ago by schrauber. Reason: Translation corrected

Re: Crashes at login. 1 month ago #201861

  • woodzu123
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 321
  • 1 month ago
Hi all, apparently after recent change of CDN provider the link was pointing at wrong/dated installer. This has now been corrected.

TashaKalicharan - Could you download and install it again please?

hugly and schrauber - Thank you for diagnosing it so quickly!

With thanks,
Peter
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top