Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't register online, or offline in the newest version of lightworks!

Can't register online, or offline in the newest version of lightworks! 1 month, 3 weeks ago #198226

So I have installed lightworks onto my Linux Ubuntu 18.04.02 device, and when I try and to register or activate in any way, it automatically says I have registered, but the promt to register remains at the bottom. I have tried an offline registration but to no avail it continues to fail. Is there any way around this?

I am not getting the generated c2e file to offline activate, just nothing.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
OS: Linux Ubuntu 18.04.02, Intel Core i5-6200U x 2, 8 gigs of DDR4 SDRAM, 250 gb Liteon ssd.

Re: Can't register online, or offline in the newest version of lightworks! 1 month, 3 weeks ago #198229

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please could you make a zip file of the error log. In Windows it's found in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Logs . However, I don't know where is on Linux.

Then attach it to your next message.

Re: Can't register online, or offline in the newest version of lightworks! 1 month, 3 weeks ago #198231

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
With registration to this forum you are already registered with Lightworks, there's no need for further registration. Just activate with the credentials used here. With a valid internet connection, offline activation is not necessary.

From your avatar I see that you've been registered for quite a while. If you run Lightworks V14.0, please download and install most recent Lightworks V14.5. To uninstall Lightworks V14.0, prior to installing the current version, you can use:
sudo apt-get purge lightworks
This will not affect existing projects.
Prior to starting the app, delete possibly existing license files (i.e. license.xml, license.dat, license.est) from the folder ' ~/Lightworks '. Start Lightworks and try activation.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top