• Page:

TOPIC: Internal Errror A001

Internal Errror A001 2 months, 1 week ago #194576

• allanbsantos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Hi.

I got this error on login screen.

New Windows 10 instalation and first Lightworks instalation in this computer. I dont have any key in c:\user|public.

Please help me

Re: Internal Errror A001 2 months, 1 week ago #194581

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please have a look at this thread and the link from it: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=191238&Itemid=81

Re: Internal Errror A001 2 months, 1 week ago #194584

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Hello,

This summarizes the findings about 'Internal Error A001 with V14.5 and adds a procedure how to fix:

On Windows 10, the problem can be caused by 'Controlled Folder Access of Defender Ativiurs'. When searching the net, one can find that it has been introduced with 'Windows 10 build 16232' and it blocks access to folders, and not only installation folders, for applications that are not recognized as Windows Certified Applications. This function is pretty much useless, because multiple methods are know to bypass Controlled Folder Access which can be used by malware.

Lightworks isn't malware.

To allow installation and for proper operations afterwards, try this procedure with Win10:

1. Select "Start>>Settings>>Update & Security>>Windows Security>>Virus & threat protection"
2. Under "Virus & threat protection settings", select "Manage settings".
3. Under "Controlled folder access", select Manage "Controlled folder access".
4. Switch the "Controlled folder access" setting to "Off".
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Internal Errror A001 2 months, 1 week ago #194635

• allanbsantos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
hugly wrote:
Hello,

This summarizes the findings about 'Internal Error A001 with V14.5 and adds a procedure how to fix:

On Windows 10, the problem can be caused by 'Controlled Folder Access of Defender Ativiurs'. When searching the net, one can find that it has been introduced with 'Windows 10 build 16232' and it blocks access to folders, and not only installation folders, for applications that are not recognized as Windows Certified Applications. This function is pretty much useless, because multiple methods are know to bypass Controlled Folder Access which can be used by malware.

Lightworks isn't malware.

To allow installation and for proper operations afterwards, try this procedure with Win10:

1. Select "Start>>Settings>>Update & Security>>Windows Security>>Virus & threat protection"
2. Under "Virus & threat protection settings", select "Manage settings".
3. Under "Controlled folder access", select Manage "Controlled folder access".
4. Switch the "Controlled folder access" setting to "Off".

Your response was perfect. Everything is working now.

Cool if you fix this guides and helps.

Regards.

Re: Internal Errror A001 2 months, 1 week ago #194646

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
hugly wrote:
it has been introduced with 'Windows 10 build 16232' and it blocks access to folders, and not only installation folders, for applications that are not recognized as Windows Certified Applications.

Yet another reason to get away from Microsoft ASAP. How dare they?

Re: Internal Errror A001 2 months, 1 week ago #194664

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I disable Defender and use my usual third party protection software. I also use 'ShutUp10 to eliminate all win10 unwanted and unnecessary add-ons and meddling with my computers.

Perhaps every six months or so, at a time of my choice not Microsoft's, will temporarily configure ShutUp10 settings to allow Win10 to self-update - then lock it down again.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Internal Errror A001 2 months, 1 week ago #194673

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I think, the IT world of today requires some basic confidence with the major suppliers (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, IBM and such). Most kids do have it. If this confidence isn't present, best bet is, pulling the plug for galvanic separation with the internet, throwing away all mobile and wireless devices, and switching to drum based communications.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top