Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to download an older version of lightworks for older computers.

how to download an older version of lightworks for older computers. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181564

• em fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
I have windows 8.1 and intel Pentium processor and 4GB of RAM

I can download lightworks 14 but it works so slowly as to be unusable. I note the recommended processor is i7 and I wonder whether it is possible to download an older version of lightworks from say 2012
thank you

Re: how to download an older version of lightworks for older computers. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181565

• em fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
sorry everyone. I have just googled it and found it is easy to find older downloadable versions. Does anyone know which is likely to work better on a 2012 laptop v 11.0.1 or v 11.5 . Thank you

Re: how to download an older version of lightworks for older computers. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181566

• em fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
so I tried to download v 11.0.1 but set up failed because the HASP installer failed ; error code 65539. I have searched that number on this forum and on google but not found anything. Any ideas? Thanks Emily

Re: how to download an older version of lightworks for older computers. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181567

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum,

As a free user you will be unable to use the older versions. Also, these have the same recommended specifications

Lightworks will work on less powerful machines than the recommended specifications. However, I suspect less than an i3 processor may not work; some users are using these.

For a less powerful machine proxy editing is the way to go. V14 has internal proxy editing, but I would try the V14.5 beta, which is nearly due for release and can handle variable frame rate found in phones.

Info on proxy editing can be found on P138 in the V14 User Guide found in downloads > documentation
Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: how to download an older version of lightworks for older computers. 4 months, 2 weeks ago #181713

• em fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
thank you. I will try that now
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Scroll To Top