Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 11 months, 1 week ago #164412

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
I own a Joe Satriani guitar pick, as it happens.. I caught it when it was thrown into the crowd at Leeds on the Flying in a Blue Dream tour, circa 1990..
Lightworks Development

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 11 months, 1 week ago #164413

• gr00by
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
How nice! I was a fan of Satriani (and Vai) in the late '90s. I practiced playing lead guitar based on his/their music, tabs, formal music notation. Finally I smashed the guitar on the floor like a big stars on the stage. But it was happened in my flat and no one saw this... Next day I reapired my guitar and I was playing it for next few years, but not Satriani's songs. Still I have a big fondness for Joe...
Canon C100 -- Manjaro Linux User

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 11 months, 1 week ago #164458

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
williamsgod wrote:
please take a look at offline activation of adobe.
exception.licenses.adobe.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en

their activation is transperant .we can see the data they extracted from our device.
so i love their activation style .its privacy friendly

I suspect you will not be supplied with further information regarding the contents of the e2c file. However, being UK based, Lightworks is subject to the Data Protection Act en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Act_1998.

In practice the file seems to act as an initial go between, registering your Lightworks and your machine for activation and licensing purposes. Basically this would seem to be the same as for an online registration and this gets passed on, then you transfer the licenses back to the off line machine.

Lightworks doesn't use a serial number, so it will be a different process to the Adobe method. Since there are machine limitations with Adobe software, I assume there is some form of exchange in their offline procedure that limits you from using their software on multiple machines.
Last Edit: 11 months, 1 week ago by briandrys.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 10 months, 4 weeks ago #164918

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 4 weeks ago
ok thanks everyone..
i will let you know if i get it
yours williams

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 10 months, 1 week ago #165959

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
i felt i missed a joke
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
yours williams

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 10 months, 1 week ago #165960

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
what is the logic
yours williams
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by williamsgod.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 10 months, 1 week ago #165961

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
A license for the free version might seem to be ridiculous on a first glance, but it increases the database of registered user and and thus potential customers, it allows to block access to older versions with different features or bugs, or to end the free version for whatever reason some time in the future. Additionally, it has the benefit that the community of users of the free version can run only the latest release including the beta releases of the next version which keeps everybody up to date.

Not everything listed above might appear beneficial for the single user, but all in all a logical concept.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 10 months, 1 week ago #165965

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
There are commercially licensed codecs used in the free and pro Lightworks, so there will be terms and conditions involved with such licenses and these usually involve a register of the users. The costs to Editshare of operating the free version is reduced if they're only paying for those users actually using Lightworks during a set period, rather than all of the 4.6 million currently registered as users.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top