Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file

for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 3 weeks ago #162907

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
e2c file contain base64 encoded binary data
i know that it may contain device fingerprint but not sure.

how can i verify it doesnt conatin our private information

i can verify it if you gave me fileformat details.
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by williamsgod.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 3 weeks ago #162928

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

I believe nobody on this forum can answer your question, because the structure and encryption algorithms of e2c and the other license files are kept non-disclosed and strictly secret which makes perfectly sense for licensing information, from my point of view,

What are your concerns?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 3 weeks ago #162973

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
thanks for replay.

iam worried about privacy of lwks users(mine also)
what if they extracted browser cookie like sensitive info and encoded it in e2c
device fingerprint is also another headache..
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by williamsgod.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 3 weeks ago #162978

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
The only people that can answer your question are Lightworks staff, not the forum users.

I suspect they won't go into much detail regarding the code of the e2c, which is used for off line activation of Lightworks. Given the terms and conditions, it probably ensures that you can only activate your Lightworks license on a particular computer or to those activations allowed, as found in FAQ.

This procedure is outlined in the Installation and Activation Guide.

"If your Lightworks host system does not have a connection to the internet, you can activate your license by creating an activation file called shark.c2e which is then authenticated on a system with an internet connection. The second system is used to create a file called shark.e2c which can be used to activate the Lightworks license on the Lightworks host."

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 3 weeks ago #162980

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
thanks briandrys
i contacted them by fb but they said " use forum for technical info "

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #162992

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Privacy is one aspect, with license files the other thing is resistance against attacks of codebreakers.

Have you cracked the e2c file or do you know anybody who has done that?

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163000

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Publishing the details of how the e2c file works would be a particularly stupid thing to do. That would immediately throw the door wide open to potential hackers.

You can't seriously expect that, surely.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163632

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
adobe the giant softwear company still using seriel number activation
then why lightworks did opposite.

cracked pro versions of lwks available on net already so this biggest security is useless.
(iam laughing )

by patching isdebuggerPresnt ()
we can attach debugger ..
by spoofed func and error strings they tricked
static analysis will fail because of this
but its easy to understand by runtime analysis .(call trace)
hacking is my last option
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by williamsgod.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163634

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
williamsgod wrote:
cracked pro versions of lwks available on net already so this biggest security is useless.

Can you provide links to those download locations, please.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163635

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Download link removed by moderator.
i didnt downloaded so i dont know much about that

are you laughing.. sarcasm

Please do NOT post links to sites that post bootleg software.

Aside from the possible legal issues of linking to stolen intellectual property, these sites are notorious for spreading malware.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by arniepix.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163636

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Personally, I'd suggest if you find locations which contain cracked versions which really work send those to Editshare directly. I can imagine that they'll honor it.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163640

• williamsgod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
sorry i dont know .. thanks for info
so are you saying its un hackable because of this licence..
i dont think so..
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by williamsgod.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163643

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I didn't say it is unhackable, by no means.

I'm just not aware of any working crack on the surface. That doesn't mean much because I don't dive deeply into dark net.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163646

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Just a side note.

The Free version provides almost all editing features of the Pro version. It's limited to 720p export resolution. For most amateurs 720p is acceptable and one can get always the latest version without looking for the next crack.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: for privacy reason i want to know what is inside e2c file 2 months, 2 weeks ago #163676

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I am belatedly moving this out of the "Bugs" forum, where it clearly has never belonged. I am also reinforcing what has been stated elsewhere on these forums: posting links to cracked software or to software to assist in cracking will get the user who posts that treated in the same way as a pirate. They will be blocked.

When a user joins the forum only to post on these issues as you have done, williamsgod, I believe that we have good grounds to be profoundly suspicious of your motivation. When that user then posts links to such dubious sites it can only increase that suspicion. I have passed this thread on for further examination.
Time to create page: 0.89 seconds
Scroll To Top