Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paypal

Paypal 6 years ago #23344

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 6 years ago
I know you all are extremely busy but please make Paypal happen asap. Pray not that we have to wait as long as we had to wait for this to happen on vimeo. It would be a shame if you didn't get the money we would throw at you so willfully.

Give us Paypal... as fast as you can.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Paypal 6 years ago #23553

• msi
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years ago
Thanks for opening this thread. I'd like to drop the line, as asked to, to remember that there are people like me who don't like to use PayPal (for different reasons) and who don't have a credit card.

Re: Paypal 6 years ago #23556

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 6 years ago
We understand that but we have had to set up a system that will work for the biggest number of people with the resources that we have available to set it up.

As usual, we will review the situation and will announce any changes or additions to payment methods.

Re: Paypal 6 years ago #23742

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years ago
I thought you already had Paypal all set to go, what happened? I might have time to actually do something this weekend so that's when I'll probably go ahead and pay.

You might look into Google Checkout too, not very popular but it might be an option for some people and shouldn't cost anything but time to set it up.

Re: Paypal 6 years ago #23755

• frandesouza
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years ago
I have to wait a couple weeks to go "Pro" (When I'll get some cash for an extra job), but I set up my PayPal account in February because I thought it would be the main payment option...Now I only hope my prepaid international card will pass through the purchase process...
But let me say that after trying the new version, with the new timeline improvements, and the titling tool (which I couldn' t try, of course), I will be able to perform all my editing tasks in Lightworks...
Just a thought...You could include the titling tool in the free version, with a watermark or something, to let the free users be aware of its capabilities
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit - Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz - 16GB RAM DDR3
MoBo: Asus P8H77-M - Graphics: Geforce GT630 2GB DDR3
HDD: WD 500GB SATA II (system drive) + WD 1TB SATA II Black Edition (work drive)
LG M-Disc ready CD/DVD burner.
Audio: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & Behringer MS16 monitor speakers
Contour Design Shuttle Pro v2

Re: Paypal 5 months ago #166296

• schwinnr434
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Yes, I would like to make a donation to Lightworks for supporting the Linux community - but can't do it simply because Lightworks doesn't have a way to send a donation to them using Paypal.
AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics *4
Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA
64 bit Ubuntu 14.04
SSD 120Gig
8 Gig of DDR3

Re: Paypal 5 months ago #166355

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Hi,

I believe it's commonly accepted to donate for full-featured non-commercial freeware, but in fact Lightworks is a commercial product even on Linux. From my point of view, not many people would agree to donate for a business modell called "Freemium" (basic version free, pay for additional features, e.g. Skype).

Have you ever considered buying a Pro license? That's a real deal, because you'll get additional useful feature for your money, and there are some remarkable discounts from time to time.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months ago by hugly.

Re: Paypal 5 months ago #166361

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
Unfortunately, you still see inaccurate references to open source lingering on some web sites, which may cause confusion. Buying a Pro license is the way to fund Freemium software like Lightworks.

PayPal is one of the current payment options in the shop:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Since this is an old thread and the original poster's request has been met, I'm locking the thread.
Last Edit: 5 months ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top