Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris

Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 4 weeks ago #208926

• Scottini151
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Hi I took advantage of the recent Black Friday sale that combines Light Works with Boris. Downloaded LW no problem BUT when in the process of downloading Boris Graffiti there is a link that instructs you too "verify your email" before downloading by clicking a link.This link is supposed to activate an email that is sent to me for verification BUT it is never is sent. This despite numerous attempts to do so. Frustrating as I can not download with out this verification. I have sent my issue to Boris but have not heard a thing back? Given this is a light works offer can some one please advise how to proceed with this.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 4 weeks ago #208928

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Scott, this is a user forum and unfortunately very few Lightworks/Editshare staff come here. You would be better off using Report a problem. That should get you a fix, but the answer will probably not be before Monday business hours, UK time.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208931

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

Please skip the rest of this and see my next post.

Boris is third party software. You have to register with them. Registering a new user doesn't request an e-mail confirmation, at least here, I've just tested it. If you are already registered, sign-in. Go to 'Support.Dowloads', search the list for FX and Graffiti and download the Lightworks versions for both one by one. This way there shouldn't be any request for an e-mail confirmation.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208958

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Ah, forget my post above.

When testing the first time, I wasn't aware that I was already signed in with a valid account. When switching to the download page not the newly created account was used but the already active.

I can confirm that Boris does not send a verification e-mail on request. In other words, currently it is not possible to register with Boris, at least from here.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208972

• Scottini151
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Well Hugly its right here and asking me to verify my email before downloading.This is the page I am directed to when I attempt to download the product I have paid for and have an account for. When I click that link no email is sent to me! Nor was there one sent when I originally placed the order!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Scottini151.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208973

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Perfectly right and reproducible here. My first post was based on wrong observation, sorry. Please see my second one. Just tested again, no luck.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208975

• Scottini151
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Hmm so I am hanging here .I have reached out to Boris but not a word. Given that this was sale placed through and in conjunction with Light Works I thought some one from sales in LW could help as I have posted there as well?
A little frustrating.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208977

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
If you're running into difficulties, you probably don't get a reply from Lightworks until Monday office hours in the UK.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208978

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Scottini151 wrote:
I have reached out to Boris but not a word.

It may be something that Editshare can address, but it looks to me more like a problem at Boris' end. They're the people that are handling the download, and at the point at which you are being asked to verify your email address you're dealing directly with them.

Re: Bought a subscription which includes Boris effects bundle but can not download Boris 1 month, 3 weeks ago #208979

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Boris is based in Massachusetts. This is a holiday weekend in the US. Try to reach out to them again on Monday.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top