Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alternative payment methods like crytocurrencies

Alternative payment methods like crytocurrencies 2 weeks, 1 day ago #173324

• Spraltik
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
I would like to request some alternative payment methods like cryptocurrencies (bitcoin, monero etc.). The reason for this is that I would like to close my Paypal account after I learned that they share my personal data with over 600 different companies: XXXXXXX, for a visual representation: XXXXXX

I don't own a credit card since they are not much better in this regard. Even an iDeal payment option would be a step up: XXXXXXX

Moderated - I've deleted links, they're not necessary for you to make your point. Briandrys
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by briandrys.

Re: Alternative payment methods like crytocurrencies 2 weeks ago #173376

• woodzu123
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 2 weeks ago
Hi Spraltik and welcome

The list of companies is indeed long but it does not mean that PP shares personal data with all of them. PP, just like other payment gateways, must comply to regulations and industry standards like PCI DSS meaning the data must flow through some organizations like the bank where account owner holds funds. Additionally each country specifies its own regulations and institutions where transactions must be recorded to mitigate fraud risk.

Currently one alternative is to use credit/debit card directly on our website. Note that in this case the transaction will be processed by PP anyway. This method will not be available for long though.

You could also consider using an anonymous debit card, which are available online. The down side is that you'd need to link your bank account or share your card's details with provider of the card. In both cases you may not be able to use chargeback, which is the main advantage of using cards for online payments.

With that being said, we have been looking at Stripe for a while now as alternative to PP. They had support for bitcoin for long time but dropped it recently. I could not see us implementing crypto payments on our own though.

With thanks,
Peter
Lightworks Webteam
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds
Scroll To Top