Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coupons for Lightworks Pro

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200020

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Are we entitled to upgrade major versions on outright license? in perpetuity or just the next/one major release?

G

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200025

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
According to the Shop page, the Outright license applies to major version, e.g. 12, 14, 15 and includes minor versions, e.g. 14.0, 14.6. As far as I know, there are discounted options to upgrade, depending on purchase date, but details on that are not published. With an existing outright license, it needs contacting Lightworks to request an offer, I think.

I can't imagine that there's a significant difference in costs between a series of Year licenses and upgrading Outright licenses with each new release.

One argument for Outright could be that you get both Boris packages at once, if that matters.

Personally, I prefer the Year license, because development of valuable new features (and fixes) has been quite rapid over the last years.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200028

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
We know that version 15 is well into the design phase, because the developers have mentioned features already in planning. It probably would be better to go with the annual version at this moment.
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200031

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
From the FAQ:
Does the Lightworks Pro Buy Outright license expire?The Lightworks Pro Outright license does not have an expiry date. Once activated, the software will no longer need an internet connection and can be used indefinitely. The license comes with two activations (the same is true for Lightworks Pro Year license). The second activation is a 'reserve', to help in situations where you need to upgrade your machine, or move your license from one system to another.

The Lightworks Pro Outright license will work for the current release version 14.x which includes all version updates (14.5) When version 15.x is released a license upgrade will be required. You can upgrade your license by signing into the website and visiting www.lwks.com/activations Here you will see your Lightworks Pro Outright license with an "Upgrade" button, click this button to add the "Upgrade" product to the Cart automatically. The upgrade is: £99.99 | €134.99 | $174.99

Of course, that can change. Last year, there was also a short-term update offer for half the price, if I remember clearly.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by schrauber. Reason: Double information deleted

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200038

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
FWIW

I just searched the net for a while and the third party sites providing coupons for discount on Lightworks, I'm aware of, seem to have stopped it. If true, the only source for discounts is this site.

What I found, maybe interesting for some, Matty Trips seems to be out of the Lightworks "business", at least currently: mattytripps.com/index.php
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200039

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Since he no longer seems to have them playlisted, anyone wishing to use his video tutorials should google "matty tripps lightworks V14" and select videos.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200486

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
one more question - I can buy a license anytime and activate anytime later in the next 1+ year? Or does the activation key expire?

G

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200488

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
The license runs from when you purchase it, not when you activate it.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200543

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Thats too bad. and I am surprised as well - I was under the impression activation date was a universal licensing scheme de-facto.

G

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200553

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I see it that way:
With the purchase of a license, the license agreement has been activated, but not yet a machine.

The term "Activation" used by Lightworks is only the assignment of a specific machine to your current license agreement. (the licensing of a machine, not the activation of the license agreement).

Unfortunately the term "Activation" even in the FAQ seems to be used somewhat misleadingly.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200559

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
G0bble wrote:
Thats too bad. and I am surprised as well - I was under the impression activation date was a universal licensing scheme de-facto.

G

Not necessarily. I've seen many other subscription based products where the license begins on the purchase date. It can be a frustrating decision to make if you're hoping to take advantage of a short term price promotion but you really want the product for a project that may not start for months, if at all.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months ago #201183

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Update:

Matty Tripps is back in business with a coupon code for 40% discount on a Year license bundled with Boris Graffiti: mattytripps.com/index.php
Last Edit: 5 months ago by hugly.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months ago #201187

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
A rather strange mix, including Lyme disease.

The Lightworks videos are on his YouTube.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months ago #201228

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Thanks for heads up! I purchased an annual license today.

So I am planning to upgrade the cpu+gpu on my setup early next year. Will LWKs see it as a new system and consume a license? Thankfully my mobo was upgraded to PCIE4.0 as part of the Ryzen 3000 compatibility UEFI updates so it will remain with me for another 3-4 years longer .. never had a mobo upgraded like this and I am mighty pleased with the combined cost savings today

Now the next challenge is to bump my LWKs time from 1hr per week to 1hr per day .. at the least ...

Cheers and Thanks Again!
G

PS: How does he get the coupons to share?
Last Edit: 5 months ago by G0bble.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 5 months ago #201230

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
G0bble wrote:
I am planning to upgrade the cpu+gpu on my setup early next year. Will LWKs see it as a new system and consume a license?

Probably. However if it causes problems for you Editshare are very helpful in situations like that.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top