Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coupons for Lightworks Pro

Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170016

• Aldo55
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi, I just wanted to ask if there is a coupon available for the Lightworks Pro Monthly License package. I don't have enough right now but I am going to invest in the yearly if not the Outright package ASAP, but in the meantime I want to learn and use this wonderful editing program as much as possible. Regards Aldo

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170026

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
I don't recall there ever being a discount coupon for the monthly Pro license, although, that not to say that there won't be one at some stage.

There have been regular coupons and offers for the one year and Outright License, plus you get Boris software bundled with these licenses. Keep an eye open for these offers, the discounts can be generous.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170117

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
I just found this voucher code somewhere on the internet:

TECHRADAR_LW_PRO_MONTH_2018

It seem to apply to monthly license. Try if it works for you.

.. And, download and install V14.1 right away - it comes with some remarkable improvements.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170146

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
That offer may be for just one month, the site says.

"The offer applies to a monthly license, not a subscription or recurring payment."

Which seems to imply that you may not be able to keep that rate for ongoing monthly payments.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170307

• Aldo55
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Hugly,
Sorry for not getting back to you. I really appreciate the Coupon.I just bought it.
One question, The licence conditions say that you can't transfer the program but I'm a new PC in a couple of months, what happens then?

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170325

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Since the license is for a month only on your current computer, you can purchase a new monthly license after you set up your new computer.
Work Comp: Retired!

Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!

Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170336

• Aldo55
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Then am I to assume I need to renew it every month manually, it's not a direct debit system. If that's the case then, will I get an email notification of the due payment date?

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170344

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Aldo 55,

All Lightworks licenses apply to one computer and there's as second spare license for a second machine or when migrating the system. You'll find further details about licensing and activation under "Help.FAQ" on top of this page.

Even with a discount of 40% the monthly license isn't a good deal if you're planning to use it over a longer period. Furthermore, I'm not sure if the coupon code applies more than once to one registration, but I can imagine that there are currently coupons for 40% discount on Year licenses with Boris Graffiti included.

In my view, to get started and familiar with Lightworks, the Free version is sufficient. It includes almost all editing and all import features. The major benefit of the Pro version is export resolutions higher than 720p.

I'd suggest test the export functions with your current license, save your money for a while and start editing. If you need 1080p export or above purchase the next monthly license and export the work finished with the Free license.

If you use it more frequently and still like it, wait for a good offer for a Year or Outright license and get it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170359

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
... and there's as second spare license for a second machine or...

According to the shop and help pages, there is only one activation for the monthly license.
Or has someone else experiences?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170363

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
No, that's what I understand to be the case too. The reasoning is that a monthly license is by definition temporary. If during the course of an existing monthly license a new one is needed it is a separate license at a separate cost.

Re: Coupons for Lightworks Pro 2 months, 3 weeks ago #170375

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
My impression is that the one month pro license seems to have become a one off item aimed at free users who occasionally need to export at more than 720p. It may have started out as a monthly subscription, I don't know the figures, but it seems to have become a flexible license for users who only require it occasionally.

From the cost viewpoint the one year license makes more sense, if you need to have the pro version on a regular basis. There are offers on this around major sales events, these are usually flagged up in emails, Tweeter and Facebook.
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds
Scroll To Top