Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unable to purchase Pro

Unable to purchase Pro 1 year, 5 months ago #123575

• nutmeg3113
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Hello all. I hope someone can help, I'm running into an issue when I go to purchase Pro. When I try to check out, I get the following error: "An unexpected error occurred when trying to finalize payment. This transaction cannot be processed."

I've done a bit of googling and found a thread that mentioned this and that it could be because the bank is denying the transaction due to insufficient funds or a card that isn't set up for online transactions, however having checked my available balance and knowing that I've made online transactions successfully as recently as today, I am at a loss.

How best to go about troubleshooting this issue? Very keen on upgrading to Pro as soon as possible.

Thanks

Re: Unable to purchase Pro 1 year, 5 months ago #123577

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
You may have to wait until the UK wakes up to get a response, but if you don't get one in the next 24 hours (unlikely, but they are still recovering from IBC) you should contact the web team directly at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Re: Unable to purchase Pro 1 year, 5 months ago #123603

• woodzu123
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Hi nutmeg3113 and welcome to he forum,

You already found the answer. Your bank or card provider should be able to give you more details than we can from our side. In majority of cases the reason is disabled online transactions or fround protection mechanisms giving false positives.

With thanks,
Peter
Lightworks Webteam

Re: Unable to purchase Pro 4 months, 2 weeks ago #158024

• TCFilms
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi,

i know it's a year later, but how did you go with this, i am having the same issue.

regards

Re: Unable to purchase Pro 4 months, 2 weeks ago #158030

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
It appears that you already have a pro licence. Does this mean that you have sorted out your issue?

If you're trying to renew and are encountering this problem, have you checked with your bank? As woodzu123 suggests, you may be getting a false positive from your bank's security protection.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds
Scroll To Top