Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What do you think of Lightworks Communication Strategy ?

Re: What do you think of Lightworks Communication Strategy ? 7 years, 3 months ago #26108

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
But your way of thinking that all theese developers would bog you down, and that keeping a small elite as your development team is not very healthy and honestly not very realistict.

Well, I appreciate your thoughts, but how do you think we brought Lightworks to this stage in the first place? You must concede that it's at least a little bit realistic!

Re: What do you think of Lightworks Communication Strategy ? 7 years, 3 months ago #26114

• rickard
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
Oh I'm sorry, I meant tho write that I belive it's false that a small elite team would be faster and better than that same elite team plus a huge amount of foss-style developers.

Of course It's possible to (and by extention realistic) to create lwks with
just the "elite team".

Re: What do you think of Lightworks Communication Strategy ? 7 years, 3 months ago #26123

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
Wel, it's an interesting thread title.

Lightworks can take as long as they want to produce a Linux version. Take a vacation, I don't mind. Because I don't have Linux.

I do appreciate that the Lightworks team monitors the forum. Participation by the team provides great insight. If nothing else, points of focus. I've seen in many open source projects efforts to communicate "known issues" and bug fixes on the latest release. I don't mess with code, but that tactic shows a commitment to the project and consideration for users.

It is difficult to walk the line between technical and marketing management. Are things left unsaid? Undoubtedly.

It's still a great project. Competing in the open market against the "for pay" big boys, and with the aim to capture a majority of the market share. Ambitious? Indubitably.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: What do you think of Lightworks Communication Strategy ? 7 years, 3 months ago #26137

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
I'm not a Linux user, but I would like to see if editing would be smoother on some of my lower power computers.

Re: What do you think of Lightworks Communication Strategy ? 7 years, 3 months ago #26174

• redshift2
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
Personally I would enjoy reading a development blog about lightworks. I found it interesting that the direct x on windows is faster then opengl on linux. It's nice to know what is going on...

just my two cents....
Last Edit: 7 years, 3 months ago by redshift2.

Re: What do you think of Lightworks Communication Strategy ? 7 years, 3 months ago #26197

• rickard
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
@redshift2

+1
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top