Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: If you want to see more pro signups

If you want to see more pro signups 7 years, 3 months ago #24232

• windowsuser
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
If you want to see a nice boost in your pro signups, you'd do well to modify your text-centric "compare versions" page. It needs to incorporate a graphic comparison chart. Speaking from experience (I owned and operated a multi-million dollar online business for years and spent a fortune on testing), you will likely see a much better conversion rate if you make such a change.

An effective graphical comparison chart should list some number of key MUTUAL features, followed by the significant additional features that are exclusive to the pro version. Use time-tested graphical checkmarks to indicate which version(s) listed features apply to. Readers should be able to visibly discern, just from a quick glance, that the free version has a respectable feature base, but that there are appreciable differences. Your chart needs to have "pop."

>> Also, add an upgrade button and link at the bottom of the comparison page, and wherever else you don't have one. Make it easy and convenient to go pro from anywhere on your site.

You offer pro level software at an economical, modest price. It's even less expensive than hobby grade software, and most people will immediately recognize that value proposition. So don't be shy or reserved about pointing people to upgrade buttons/links from anywhere you can find places for them within your site.

You could likely fund several more developers just by making those changes. Hopefully you are now, or soon will be testing your web pages/presentation elements and analyzing traffic flow-though. Nice start though. Good luck.

Re: If you want to see more pro signups 7 years, 3 months ago #24235

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
Many thanks for these suggestions. It's all going pretty well but I'm sure you're right, and we're going to be optimising the "user experience" over the next few days and weeks.

Re: If you want to see more pro signups 7 years, 3 months ago #24523

• sotitomo
I totally agree with that!
Actually, from a commercial and design stand point I would say the LWKS website leaves a lot to be desired. I was expecting a more appealing design. It looks basically like the old beta site.
Also, I seem to remember a mention of forums open only to the Pro users but I don't see that option anymore. Was it dropped? It would be a great thing since it would keep out all the negative people with no knowledge of the program and only critiques.
I actually haven't even downloaded the free version yet to try it as I'm caught up with work.

Re: If you want to see more pro signups 7 years, 3 months ago #24548

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
sotitomo wrote:
I totally agree with that!
Actually, from a commercial and design stand point I would say the LWKS website leaves a lot to be desired. I was expecting a more appealing design. It looks basically like the old beta site.
Also, I seem to remember a mention of forums open only to the Pro users but I don't see that option anymore. Was it dropped? It would be a great thing since it would keep out all the negative people with no knowledge of the program and only critiques.
I actually haven't even downloaded the free version yet to try it as I'm caught up with work.

Our work on the website is by no means finished. We have features still to be added. There will be more distinction between Pro and Free users.

A lot of the work in the new website was to integrate the shop, payments and activation - it's a big task!

We're working on it to improve the experience. All feedback is good!

Re: If you want to see more pro signups 7 years, 3 months ago #24552

• sotitomo
Sounds good!

Can you tell some of the distinctions between Pro and Free users that are in the works?

Also, what about the Pro forum? Wasn't it said there would be one?

Re: If you want to see more pro signups 7 years, 3 months ago #24554

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 3 months ago
I can't really tell you because we haven't made a final decision yet. We are working on the Pro community features.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top