Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website?

Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 2 weeks ago #241470

I feel like this website is starting to look outdated. It looks like a website from 2007! We need to convince LightWorks to update their website! Who's with me?!

(This is partly a joke and you don't have to participate, I don't really care...)

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 2 weeks ago #241473

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Plans are in hand for updating the web site.

Since this isn't a bug, I've moved this into the website section.
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 2 weeks ago #241483

• geomcd1949
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the Forum, BrandNewRoadToTheMoon.

Would you give some examples of websites that look updated?
North Carolina, USA
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB x2
128GB DDR4
AMD Radeon RX 6800 KO
~X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
*Galaxy S7 with Filmic Pro*
*2xJVC GY-HM150*

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 2 weeks ago #241488

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
Although, I would add that some of the most successful forums in the industry look pretty much the same as when they started around 2008.

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 5 days, 20 hours ago #242162

• SepiaStudios
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 20 hours ago
Oh I'm sure they'll hire someone to do a big site revamp (if they haven't already).

I don't think anyone minds the forums, but the main site, however... if you look up Davinci Resolve 17's website, or Media Composer's, or Premiere's the age of the LWKS site becomes apparent. They also use more than 1/4 of the page on an UHD display :

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I don't think anyone from LWKS will read this, but just in case I still find the Ableton Live website a beautiful example of how to cleanly set-up who the softweare is for, illustrating the unique features (ie. there are lots of DAWS; what makes this one feel different?) and inviting interaction.

Anyway.
Last Edit: 5 days, 19 hours ago by SepiaStudios.

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 5 days, 15 hours ago #242178

• geomcd1949
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 15 hours ago
@Sepia -- What happens when you simultaneously hit "Ctrl" and "+" with that page on your monitor?

My 4k monitor shows the page in your image at half the width of the monitor with a display level of 100%.

At 175%, I get what's in the first image for a Lightworks page.

For the Ableton website at 50%, I get what's in the second image.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
North Carolina, USA
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB x2
128GB DDR4
AMD Radeon RX 6800 KO
~X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
*Galaxy S7 with Filmic Pro*
*2xJVC GY-HM150*
Last Edit: 5 days, 15 hours ago by geomcd1949.

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 5 days, 12 hours ago #242191

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 12 hours ago
SepiaStudios wrote:
Oh I'm sure they'll hire someone to do a big site revamp (if they haven't already).

I don't care much about the layout of their website, as long as it stays accessible, but we all are still waiting for the one and only official Quick Start Video Tutorial. It's a shame, that it takes years to update this video to the most recent functions and GUI updates, perhaps it also might shade some light on the will and ability to "hire someone".
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 days, 12 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 5 days, 10 hours ago #242196

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 10 hours ago
There is a full time job advertised for a Video Editor & Content Creator in the LWK marketing department. I don't know if that person will also be doing training videos. I gather there are new training video(s) being produced for V2021.3.

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 5 days, 10 hours ago #242197

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 10 hours ago
I've heard so many unfulfilled promises during the last years that I've switched to believing what see, not what others tell.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 days, 10 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Who else thinks LightWorks should update the look of their website? 4 days, 12 hours ago #242282

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 12 hours ago
I have deleted your reply to that user, hugly. They are now blocked and their posts have been deleted.
Last Edit: 4 days, 9 hours ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Scroll To Top