Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Systematic feedback on feature requests and bug reports [feature]

Systematic feedback on feature requests and bug reports [feature] 1 week ago #229378

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
There are many bug reports and feature requests in regular and beta forums without any official feedback.

I'm convinced that systematic feedback will increase the motivation of the contributing persons to continue their efforts in the future, which is so essential for the way Lightworks development makes use of the forums. Even negative feedback, like 'won't fix' or 'no issue', just to show that the post has been respected and not just ignored would be helpful.

From my point of view, long explanations aren't necessary, a few standardized categories are sufficient, displayed as text (perhaps in combination with clear symbols) shown in the list of topics.

For bug reports, for instance:
  • Fixed
  • Under investigation
  • Scheduled to fix
  • Won't fix
  • No issue

The basic commitment to the level of service should be, no post remains without initial feedback within a reasonable time, e.g. one week and, the final state can be either 'Fixed' or 'Won't fix' or 'No issue'. Also, the time to show 'Under investigation' or 'Scheduled to fix' should be limited to a period publicly known and agreed to (and manageable) by the persons in charge.

Thank you for reading this.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Systematic feedback on feature requests and bug reports [feature] 1 week ago #229383

• digitallysane
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Creative director
  • 1 week ago
Agree with that.

I assume that they are super busy with the new release, but I would certainly find it useful to know an opinion on some of the recent RFEs I submitted.

I suppose after the launch of 2021 there will be some more updates regarding their plans overall, community interaction etc. Hopefully.
I like Lightworks.
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top