Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made.

Re: Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183839

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
FathomStory wrote:
Yes, I get what you are saying. It is the clients' fault, despite whatever proof/documentation he may have. Got it.

Lightworks is a comparable small company, from personal experience and from all what I can read on the forum, they help where they can. I don't know what you've been told in direct contact, but I would try again to get in contact, if you really wish purchasing a license.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183840

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
briandrys wrote:
It may be worth moving this thread to the website shop section of the forum, where the appropriate member of staff can easily see it.

Done. I've also given it a more descriptive title.
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183898

• jakkor
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi,

There is no PRO icon because there was no purchase. There was a free PRO license added to the account because there were purchase problems.

License was used on one machine, probably the system without license is different machine/system that is not activated, just used as a free one.

Best regards
Jakub
Lightworks Web Team.
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by jakkor.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183902

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Correct,

Lightworks "Pro?" was first run on Windows 7, 64bit, which gave me my first Blue Screen of Death experience.

I then re-installed my OS with just Linux and figured my license would move with it. Then I discovered this: imgur.com/a/QPCiRGY

Meaning, that users have to buy a new license if they reinstall software or do a hardware upgrade. Not even Adobe does that. No wonder.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183904

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
I'm a little bit confused now. Did you purchase a license on some account of yours or didn't you?

If you did, Lightworks has a spare license to install on a second system and if this is a dual boot from the same physical hard drive, then Linux and Windows installation should work with the same license.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183905

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
If what you say is true, then why are my 1080p files listed as 720p in Lightworks, even though VLC indicates the files are 1080p? Further, why does my account not have the 'pro' designation? Because my system does not have it. This would be consistent with the license policy as indicated.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183906

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
The only thing I can imagine is that your money never reached Lightworks account. "Purchase" in this context and my understanding means license for money, no money, no license.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183907

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
That is exactly what I got, 'no license'.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183908

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Did you pay?

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183909

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Ask Jakkor what happened. This is turning into a hamster treadmill and I am getting dizzy.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183910

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Where there is a will, there is a way, they say. Alternatively, listen to Barclay James Harvest and take it easy:

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183911

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
My understanding is that FathomStory received a complementary one month Pro License from Lightworks. Unless he carries out the license activation procedure (as in the above video), one month after the date he received this license the Lightworks will revert back to the free version, even if FathomStory has never used it.

FathomStory hasn't said if he's activated the license.

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183913

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Please see this link and explain to me what is going on, then:

imgur.com/a/KEQ9X7E

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183915

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Okay, let us forget complimentary. I worked a bit on this project and while the experience with the software was different (apart from there not being a 'save' button, which is sort of unnerving), it was not unpleasant. If I make an arrangement separate from Paypal, and the transaction goes through, can I take this project and output it to 1080p?

In other words, can the limits of this project be removed once paid license goes through?

Re: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 11 months, 2 weeks ago #183921

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Once you have purchased a Pro License and activated it on your computer, Lightworks will export with the full range of formats available with that license (including 1080p).

There is a range of payment options available in the websites shop.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by briandrys.
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Scroll To Top