Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made.

Lightworks not licensed despite payment being made. 1 year, 1 month ago #183819

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
While working on a project, I noticed that under format on the default edit setting of Lightworks, that my project is labelled 720P, AVCHD. However, when I look under codec using VLC tells me that the footage is 1080 p Codec H264 - MPEG-4 AVD (Part 10) (avc 1)

My project footage is in 1080P therefore I should be editing as such.

It was my understanding that I had Lightworks studio. I was told that I just had to sign in and that I had Lightworks studio.

So perhaps there is a way to toggle the project to 1080P or I have the wrong download. In any event, please advise so I can resume editing in your product with confidence.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by jwrl.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183820

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
What format info did Lightworks give in the import window regarding your video format?

Please follow the directions in this sticky, so that the technical details of your sourcew video can be seen.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Note that there is no Lightworks Studio. there is a Free license which has a restriction of 720p when exporting and the Pro License, which has no export restriction. Your avatar doesn't currently have a Pro icon, which suggests you may not have activated the Pro license on your Lightworks.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by briandrys.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183821

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
" Your avatar doesn't currently have a Pro icon, which suggests you may not have activated the Pro license on your Lightworks."

Well that makes sense then. It looks like I was misinformed.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183822

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
You may have been looking at the export options, that will give 720P max in the free version.

The Pro license is purchased and then activated, this allows the full range of export formats You can edit your video in the free version and then export on the Pro License with all the export options.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183823

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
I have had bad experiences with Lightworks from day one. It would be consistent of them to say I had a paid license when I in fact, do not. I think I have had enough.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183824

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Who said you had a paid license? What exactly was said? It sounds like there's been a misunderstanding somewhere. If I recall correctly you were having payment problems which Jakub sorted out for you. Did that not happen?

If you paid for your license and it hasn't successfully activated you should follow up directly with Editshare by filling out the form you will find at Report a problem.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183825

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Oh, I sent an email to Editshare all right.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183826

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
For the Pro license you have to go to the shop and purchase the Pro License, then activate it.

Once purchased, you have to carry out the activation as in the video:

Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by briandrys.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183828

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
As documented, I did go to the shop website and did go through the order procedure. I did deal with Lightworks staff with getting my pro license sorted. I was told to sign in and figured I got it. I figured wrong. The lightworks staff were apprised of my usage along the way. They know what is going on. As such,my trust is eroded and have no reason to keep the software on my system any longer. It is not doing what I need it to do.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183829

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
There is a history here, briandrys. FathomStory is unable to use Paypal, who advised him that Lightworks was not safe software to use, and they wouldn't put through the payment. He then followed that up with Editshare, and Jakub apparently had sorted out a means by which he could pay for a Pro license. For some reason that process appears to have failed.

As I see it the only way that this can be addressed is not through the user forums, but via the Report a problem process.

[EDIT] What also doesn't help is that in the US there appear to be quite a few companies using the name "Lightworks" or some variant. That possibly is what triggered the initial odd response from Paypal.

[EDIT AGAIN] - and FathomStory and I posted at roughly the same time. Sorry.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183831

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Yes, I recall the PayPal issue. Explaining to PayPal that it's Editshare Lightworks, not one of the other companies called Lightworks may assist, since other PayPal users seem to have cleared their Lightworks payment at the same time.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183833

• FathomStory
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • Done with Lightworks.
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Yes, I get what you are saying. It is the clients' fault, despite whatever proof/documentation he may have. Got it.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183834

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Yes, briandrys, but that isn't the issue here. FathomStory was under the impression that with Jakub's help he now had a valid license, and it appears that he hasn't. As I asked earlier:

jwrl wrote:
Who said you had a paid license? What exactly was said?

That appears to be where things have gone off the rails.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183835

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
FathomStory wrote:
Yes, I get what you are saying. It is the clients' fault

That isn't what any of the users here are saying, FathomStory. We are trying to work out where things went wrong, because they obviously have. It really would be helpful to know the answers to my questions.

Lightworks applies the wrong format to my footage. 1 year, 1 month ago #183837

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
It may be worth moving this thread to the website shop section of the forum, where the appropriate member of staff can easily see it.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top