Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: General questions from a very new, newbie!

General questions from a very new, newbie! 4 years, 1 month ago #100089

• lightsdawn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
Ok, so I'm endeavoring into the world of potentially impossible for me but my ultimate goal through lightworks is to create various inspirational youtube videos. I have a very strong creative side with a good eye, but it's been a while since utilizing my more analytical side. Bear with me as I have some basic questions to ask here.

Question 1: I just downloaded quicktime but am very pobre (poor) & so can not pay for the pro version. Does that already make it null & void to using lightworks as I can only use the free version? In the initial email from lightworks it said that quicktime is required & I don't own a mac (used to, miss it) but I still successfully got it downloaded for my pc.

Question 2: With the following info on my system can anyone take a gander as to whether my operating system could handle effeciently using lightworks? (again, pobre, so can can not go pro) Here you go-

Own a refurbished Gateway laptop with Windows 8.1 (not doing Windows 10 yet)
Processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB (3.57 GB usable)
System type: 64 bit OS, x64-based processor
Last Edit: 4 years, 1 month ago by lightsdawn.

Re: General questions from a very new, newbie! 4 years, 1 month ago #100090

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
Welcome to the forum.

You don't need the full Quicktime pro for Lightworks.

Lightworks will run on less powerful than in the recommended specification, however, you may have difficulty with your machine. Editing is demanding on computing power.

You could try installing Lightworks to find out if you can get the program to actually run on it, but I suspect it may not. If you can get it working, you may be able to use proxy editing.

Re: General questions from a very new, newbie! 4 years, 1 month ago #100091

• lightsdawn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
Thank you very much! Ok, I'll see how well it runs first & then come back on here to comment. Will have to read up on proxy editing unfortunately but it's good to know there's at least the possibility of this working on my system, will see.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top