Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] LW crashes whenever I try to import from a folder of jpg files

[Solved] LW crashes whenever I try to import from a folder of jpg files 4 years, 2 months ago #95522

• huntingrp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 2 months ago
Am using LW 12.0.5e beta and OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 on a Macbook Air. I have successfully created over 12 short videos for YouTube using Lightworks. However, the current project (which is essentially no different from the previous ones) is giving me grief at a point where I am wanting to import a number of jpg files. As soon as I go to open the folder containing these files LW crashes. It happened with v12.0.2, so I thought maybe the latest version would fix the problem. No. I moved the folder from my GoogleDrive to a local drive in case the Googledrive was too full -- it was indicating 14.5 Gb of 15 Gb used, but still no joy. I tried opening another room in my project and imported a rough cut archive I had saved -- no joy, same issue. I restarted my Mac to no avail. Help!
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Site Admin.

Re: LW crashes whenever I try to import from a folder of jpg files 4 years, 2 months ago #95526

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 2 months ago
Are there any zero-length files in the folder that you're trying to import from, or anything else that seems untoward? You could try selectively moving some of the files into a different folder to see if you can isolate the file(s) that are causing the issue.
Lightworks Development

Re: LW crashes whenever I try to import from a folder of jpg files 4 years, 2 months ago #95527

• huntingrp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 2 months ago
Not to my knowledge, but I renamed several .gif files as .png and that could have been my undoing. I will investigate.

Re: LW crashes whenever I try to import from a folder of jpg files 4 years, 2 months ago #95528

• huntingrp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 2 months ago
Erkk. I reprocessed all files as jpg using Graphic Converter, and in the process replaced all spaces between words in the file names with underscores. No luck.

Re: LW crashes whenever I try to import from a folder of jpg files 4 years, 2 months ago #95529

• huntingrp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 2 months ago
Oops. I forgot to delete the original files. My bad! Okay, everything is good. Thanks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top