Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks for Mac

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 6 months ago #21003

• Freyr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
And speaking of baking, maybe we should cook by ourself a tower with the OS we want. If you know what I mean. In those conditions I'm glad to hear that the future of Lightworks on MacOS is assured, 'cause I love that OS. The company could like us less and less, but I was charmed by the OS, too late...
The topic has been locked.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21536

• ldtowers
  • Senior Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
I can forgive you guys for taking a while to port to OS X. However it is unfortunate at best to claim to be a tri-platform solution when you aren't even beta testing the mac version yet!!!!

This is from YOUR press release!

"Lightworks, the world’s first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application."

You aren't on three platforms until you at least deliver a beta product!!!!

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21541

• frankg72
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
ldtowers wrote:
I can forgive you guys for taking a while to port to OS X. However it is unfortunate at best to claim to be a tri-platform solution when you aren't even beta testing the mac version yet!!!!

This is from YOUR press release!

"Lightworks, the world’s first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application."

You aren't on three platforms until you at least deliver a beta product!!!!

What a rude, antagonistic post. Stop behaving like a spoilt little emperor man! You're being offered one of the most respected pieces of professional software for free, and being asked for nothing more than patience in return.

Get a grip.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21544

• ldtowers
  • Senior Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
1-I'm not asking for it for free.
2-The point remains that it is not on all three platforms yet and to state as such in press materials is disingenuous at best.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21546

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
@Idtowers

We don't need your forgiveness for initiating the biggest revolution in the history of non linear editing.

We will accept an appology for suggesting that we are trying to decieve people.

Lightworks is a tri-platform application. It has been completely reworked to support three operating systems. The first of these to be available is Windows on 28th May.

We have just shown an early version of the Lightworks for Linux system.

We have not yet shown any version of the OS-X system.

Nobody has to use our free software if they don't want to.
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Forum Admin.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21547

• frankg72
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
ldtowers wrote:
1-I'm not asking for it for free.
2-The point remains that it is not on all three platforms yet and to state as such in press materials is disingenuous at best.

1. But it is being offered to you for free, and that's the point; we're not talking about a paid service or product for which you have shelled out money and which doesn't perform as advertised.. it is instead being offered to you for free. This means you have to accept certain limitations in what, I am sure, will be the short term. If you want the right of customer complaint, buy Avid. Or FCP. Or Premiere. Or Edius. Or whatever... products that are fully formed and not still in alpha or beta stage. Then you can complain. Until Lightworks reaches full-release you're looking a gift-horse in the mouth with your complaints.

2. They have not stated in the press release that it is available on all three platforms, just that it will be the first on all three platforms. Yes, I am splitting hairs and arguing semantics.

3. None of your arguments excuse the fact that your initial post was rude.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21559

• Joe Bell
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
Keep your peckers up lightworks peeps, some of us are waiting patiently in the wings to see what you come up with.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21560

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
Thanks Joe

We're actually in great form. The NAB show has convinced us that our business model works (Free software with a tiny upgrade cost per year to the full version - most people have said that they'll upgrade) and we're certain that we're not only on a level with the other NLEs, but we're going to keep going at this pace.

The Lightworks project is so big now that it has a gravitational pull. We're even attracting developers from the other NLEs - which is a good indication of the way things are going.

Of course we don't want to get complacent or arrogant about this (and I'm sure someone here will tell us if we do!) but we're quietly excited about what we've seen this week!

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21562

• belindah_au
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
The huge amount of work going into this project is eye-watering - I'm just excited to see all that will be made available to us from 28 May. (and beyond!)

I appreciate there are people on this forum with a wealth of experience and some with passion for what they are wishing / hoping for come 28 May - but it's not too much longer to wait, guys.

It's a big deal for Lightworks - and exciting for us as well! - part of that surely must be that some of what's unveiled will be a surprise (in a good way!)

Those of us who don't work there can't possibly know everything that's going on, being worked on or planned in the greatest of detail - there's no need for any assumptions of deception of any kind.

I'm with Joe - keep it up, guys...... consumers are ready and counting down the days!

heh heh
DELL M6500 Laptop
i7 720QM CPU @ 1.6 Ghz
16 GB RAM 1333Mhz DDR3
NVIDIA QUADRO FX 2800M Graphics Card
1.5 TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD
17" 1440 x 900 LED Display
Blu-Ray/DVD Recorder
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Lightworks V11 Pro
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by belindah_au.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21574

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
I suspect it's like a duck swimming - the calm surface belies the frantic activity underneath.

Re: Lightworks for Mac BS 7 years, 6 months ago #21575

• belindah_au
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
great way to describe it, jwrl!
DELL M6500 Laptop
i7 720QM CPU @ 1.6 Ghz
16 GB RAM 1333Mhz DDR3
NVIDIA QUADRO FX 2800M Graphics Card
1.5 TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD
17" 1440 x 900 LED Display
Blu-Ray/DVD Recorder
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Lightworks V11 Pro

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 5 months ago #21672

• LW_for_Feature
  • Gold Boarder
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
With all the great things going for Lightworks it's almost hard to believe that people will still find things to complain. It would be impossible to believe if it wasn't so, typical.

Keep up the great work and focus your attention on those who really care.
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by LW_for_Feature.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 5 months ago #22243

• battle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
Hi there!
Is there any way to know the release date for the OS X version?
TIA

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 5 months ago #22245

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
battle wrote:
Hi there!
TIA

Welcome to the forum!

No, there's no way to know the release date at the moment because we don't know ourselves. As soon as we've released the Windows version (on May 28th) we will put more resources into finishing the Linux version. A lot of work that goes into the Linux version will help the OS X version, but it is still some way off and we don't want to guess at a release date yet.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 5 months ago #22254

• battle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
Forum Admin wrote:
battle wrote:
Hi there!
TIA

Welcome to the forum!

No, there's no way to know the release date at the moment because we don't know ourselves. As soon as we've released the Windows version (on May 28th) we will put more resources into finishing the Linux version. A lot of work that goes into the Linux version will help the OS X version, but it is still some way off and we don't want to guess at a release date yet.

Thank you very much!
Keep the good work.

Cheers
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top