Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks for Mac

Re: Lightworks for Mac 8 years, 2 months ago #13065

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 2 months ago
I think they offer a watermarked trial that could be used to check. I've seen posts that say Cineform Neo works properly but I haven't tried it.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 8 years, 2 months ago #13091

• boki
  • Junior Boarder
  • 8 years, 2 months ago
well, to be on the ground: cineform itself cost as much as fcpx (that is if i act if the additional "ducks" aren't necessary), so that would be a horrible decision imho.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 8 years, 2 months ago #13095

• shaunthesheep
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 2 months ago
Not sure if this would be of interest.
Desktop
Dell Inspiron 560MT. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor, 6 GB Dual Channel DDR3, Windows 7 64 bit SP1/Ubuntu Studio 14.04.2 duel boot. On-board graphics chip. Samsung SyncMaster S23B35OH LED monitor. EchoAudio Mia 24/96 soundcard.

Laptop
Dell Precision M6700, i7 3740QM CPU @2.70Ghz, NVidia Quadro K3000M, 8GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I am not employed by EditShare. I am a Lightworks user.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 8 years, 2 months ago #13100

• boki
  • Junior Boarder
  • 8 years, 2 months ago
i think you can easily import h.264 (i have canon 7d) files and force transcoding to some sort of matrox codec right now, what i'am missing here thought is a simple offline/online approach, examples:

a. h.264 source, edit in transcoded matrox something, export from original h.264 files
b. png.mov source (that is uncompressed), edit in dvc50, export directly from png.mov
c. ect

find and fill will not work for me, but to be honest i did not dig really deep.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 8 years, 2 months ago #13101

• frankg72
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 years, 2 months ago
Greg_E wrote:
Prores is another unsupported codec that is not part of the standard Quicktime install. They say all of this is coming and that there may be an announcement very soon about an updated roadmap, I get the feeling that things are moving a little quicker than the old roadmap indicated so we'll see what happens.

Also I think Cineform codecs would be a better choice than ProRes, but we sure aren't going to get Cineform for free.

ProRes would still be useful for those external disk recorders that use it as a format... Atomos Ninja, AJA Ki Pro etc. ALthough I suspect it's quite likely that those recorders may soon switch to another codec given the number of cutters fleeing to other systems.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 8 years, 2 months ago #13139

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 2 months ago
Yes you are correct, I forgot about devices like that.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 8 years ago #15976

• Joe Bell
  • Junior Boarder
  • 8 years ago
Hi, I'm using light works a couple of times a month - would love to use it more, which I would do if it was on the mac. I'll start reporting my feedback.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 7 months ago #19765

• matze_13
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 7 months ago
when comes lightworks now for mac !!!

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 7 months ago #19766

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 7 months ago
Hi @matze_13

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your enthusiasm for the OS X version of Lightworks!

We are going to release the full (non-Beta) Windows soon, and then we can put more resources into the Linux and Mac versions. So they're still some way off, but are definitely coming, and as soon as we have a better idea of when, we'll let you know.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 7 months ago #19798

• Joe Bell
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 years, 7 months ago
We live in hope

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 6 months ago #20891

• Einwegflasche
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
Just to bump it and show there is another person interested in Lightworks on Mac

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 6 months ago #20892

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
We know there are tens of thousands who want to see Lightworks on the Mac, so that's why we're developing the Mac version. It's not ready yet but much of the work that went into the new Windows version (soon to be released) has helped the Mac and Linux versions as well. As soon as the Windows version is released, we'll put more people onto the Linux and Mac versions - and we're taking on new developers all the time.

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 6 months ago #20902

• boki
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
Just working on 1hour20minutes long documentary and just swap from "one major editor" to "another major editor" in hope to get some speed, but no luck so far, lw would totaly fit here

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 6 months ago #20904

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 6 months ago
We genuinely think that Lightworks is the fastest editor, and when we have the Windows, Linux and Mac versions, everybody will be able to switch!

Re: Lightworks for Mac 7 years, 6 months ago #20957

I am a film / video editor based in Santiago de Chile, and there are several friends and colleagues waiting to put their hands on a mac version of lightworks.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top