Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 4 months ago #68986

• redhoodie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 4 months ago
Ooh, I would be very interested in the trials.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 4 months ago #69538

• milleja46
  • Expert Boarder
  • 5 years, 4 months ago
Well nice to know we have a date known, even though I kinda wish it was now. Half tempted to see how it does in parallels once I close a few tabs and clean up my hard drive from two years of not even remembering to clean up unused documents and everything...

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 4 months ago #69997

• ldtowers
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 years, 4 months ago
Just want to know if I am in the alpha/beta test pool. If not is there a registration process?

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 4 months ago #70009

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 4 months ago
I don't know the current alpha situation, that seems to consist of people who have already asked to test and it sounds like it's rolling out in stages with a month to go before the announced public beta test. I guess they'll contact you if they need more alpha testers for the next stage. There seemed to be a fair number asking to test, so they may have more requests than they need for alpha testing.

For the beta test stage, you just register on the web site following its announcement and then download the software. With previous beta tests, this consists of giving feedback in the beta forums and a new beta build coming out roughly once a week. The beta testing does involve a good shake down of Lightworks, so can involve quite a few builds before the release.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71524

• YashaRus
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
Today, June 7 was promised release on mac OS. Where is it?

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71525

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
You've somehow picked up the wrong date, the Mac public beta is coming out on the 11th June. You'll find the date flagged on the site's home page and in the announcements.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71538

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
As far as I can recall, ever since a firm date was announced it has been June 11.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71554

• mediaDS
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
YashaRus wrote:
Today, June 7 was promised release on mac OS. Where is it?

You still demand things angrily ? And you still don't support Editshare with a Pro license. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Please consider this a friendly forum and angry demands are not wanted here. You either wait silently until it's ready or you go away, use another "free" software and never come back here.
Windows 10 Pro • Asus Z170 Mainboard • Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake, 4 x 4.20 Ghz • 32 GB DDR4 Memory • Noctua Cooling system • Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB DDR5 • Blackmagic Intensity Pro • Samsung SSD 840 500 GB (Data) and 250 GB (System) • 30 TB Asustor NAS (Media) • LG 34UB67 21:9 Ultra-Wide Display 34" @ 2560x1080 • Logitech Bluetooth K810 and M557 • Wacom Intuous Wireless Graphic Tablet • Contour ShuttleXpress • APC Back-UPS 1400VA

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71556

• salar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
Why do you pick on YshaRus? Are you commissioned by Lightworks to do so? He made an error, so what?
Frankly said:
As far as I remember Lightworks for Mac is about 2 years behind roadmap.
So many Mac even did have the opportunity to pay any Pro license. Or do you demand from everybody to install Bootcamp and Windows to become a humble member of this forum? I bet the servers will crash on June11th...
I do not say this negative, but I guess many Mac editors will start downloading after their first cup of coffee...

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71557

• mediaDS
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
salar wrote:
Why do you pick on YshaRus? Are you commissioned by Lightworks to do so? He made an error, so what?

He does this "error" again and again. We had this discussion before many times. And I'm quite sick of his demands and the tone he brings into discussions.

Again - it's ready when it's ready. Period.

There is no need at all to bring this angry demands here. If you don't like the delays in development then you are free to pay for any other software you like and be done with it. If not - wait until Lightworks is ready.
Windows 10 Pro • Asus Z170 Mainboard • Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake, 4 x 4.20 Ghz • 32 GB DDR4 Memory • Noctua Cooling system • Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB DDR5 • Blackmagic Intensity Pro • Samsung SSD 840 500 GB (Data) and 250 GB (System) • 30 TB Asustor NAS (Media) • LG 34UB67 21:9 Ultra-Wide Display 34" @ 2560x1080 • Logitech Bluetooth K810 and M557 • Wacom Intuous Wireless Graphic Tablet • Contour ShuttleXpress • APC Back-UPS 1400VA
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by mediaDS.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71558

• salar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
Checking his replies it looks did this "error" only once this year... so please stay on topic

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71560

• mediaDS
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
Then you didn't look good enough. And btw, I think he can answer on his own and knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't want to repeat this stupid discussion again, so no further answers from my side. I just wanted to tell him (and not you salar) to either stay polite and wait until the software is ready or to just go away and use a different "free" software. Over and out

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 3 months ago #71571

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 3 months ago
Guys, while I appreciate both your concerns about courtesy on these forums, this diversion must now be regarded as closed. Please keep on topic.

As both of you are in a position to realize, it can be hard for a person who is a non-native English speaker to convey subtleties. Unless someone is directly and pointedly rude it's probably a good idea to assume that their real meaning was "lost in translation".

I saw the original post and didn't interpret it as an attack. If I had I would have moderated it. I just gave him the benefit of the doubt and read it as an expression of impatience.

However one thing that none of these forums are is a platform for users to engage in private battles. Please don't. If you do, you may be the ones being moderated. Regard this as a friendly warning.
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by jwrl.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top