Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 8 months ago #66578

• MaxGruber
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 8 months ago
I'd love to test for the Mac alpha version and can get many in the Twin Cities independent film industry testing the software too.

I was certified for FCP 7 and had learned Adobe and Apple's software for the past 10 years. I look forward to all the cool things you're doing to help the film industry.

I have helped test and build for SmartThings, iSmartAlarm, Automatic, Nest, Moj.io, Plum (previously UBE), Ubi, Almond+, Lockitron, Myo, Leap Motion, New Trent, Hype, 1Password, Neurio, Audiofy, aTimeLogger, and many more.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #67951

• DJAnt1
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Well, finally, now we know... www.redsharknews.com/production/item/1581-date-announced-for-lightworks-for-mac-public-beta-the-date-it-s-available-to-everyone and knowing is half the battle.

It has taken the LWKS team a while, but finally we have a defined date, which is really good. I am just a bit disappointed that they have "a short Alpha program to a dedicated select team of users" and the rest of us have to wait two more months to start using the program, but I assume there must be technical reasons for that. So, thanks and congratulations, you (almost, almost) did it!

It would be really nice, and I suppose easy for EditShare, to let us know the system requirements and such for this version, please help us Mac users with that. Thanks!

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #67956

• namyrb
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
DJAnt1 wrote:
I am just a bit disappointed that they have "a short Alpha program to a dedicated select team of users" and the rest of us have to wait two more months to start using the program, but I assume there must be technical reasons for that.

Not necessarily. People who've shown interest here in the forums should get access to the alpha in waves in the coming weeks.
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by namyrb.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #67961

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
namyrb wrote:
People who've shown interest here in the forums should get access to the alpha in waves in the coming weeks.

Is that official Editshare information? Where did you hear that?

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #67963

• namyrb
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by namyrb.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #67964

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Oh, you mean that post, where it says:

Matt Sandford wrote:
We will begin the second and third waves of Alpha testing later this month, any users that previously registered interest will have access to the Mac Alpha version of Lightworks over the coming weeks.

That's what that meant!

No, unfortunately because I have no intention of taking part in that phase I just registered the fact that it was now officially announced and not much else. Thanks for the clarification.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #67967

• namyrb
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
The Facebook page is a little different:

"We will begin the second and third waves of alpha testing later this month. Any users that previously registered interest on the Lightworks forum at lwks.com/forum will get access to the Mac alpha version of Lightworks over the coming weeks."

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68014

• DJAnt1
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone know what "users that previously registered interest on the Lightworks forum" actually means? Many of us have registered that interest here, are we going to be contacted by the LWKS team or is there something else we should do?

Please, mods and admins, can you give us some official information about how to "have access to the Mac Alpha version of Lightworks over the coming weeks"?

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68044

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
I would suspect that if you have registered interest you will be contacted by Editshare if they decide to include you. I don't think that any further action on your part would be necessary.

I will see if I can get a definitive answer for you, but it may not be before Monday.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68045

• Matt Sandford
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
DJAnt1 wrote:
Does anyone know what "users that previously registered interest on the Lightworks forum" actually means? Many of us have registered that interest here, are we going to be contacted by the LWKS team or is there something else we should do?

Please, mods and admins, can you give us some official information about how to "have access to the Mac Alpha version of Lightworks over the coming weeks"?

If you have registered interest, either in the Forum or via email then chances are we have you in the database and you will be contacted by us over the next few weeks. The first select few users already have access.
Lightworks Product Manager

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68048

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
jwrl wrote:
it may not be before Monday.

Or it may be sooner. Like two minutes after my post, while I was still asking for Matt to check this thread out.

Matt, what took you so long?

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68088

• salar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Great! Again, I could test handling 160 hrs of documentary footage in a single project.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68091

• DJAnt1
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Matt Sandford wrote:
If you have registered interest, either in the Forum or via email then chances are we have you in the database and you will be contacted by us over the next few weeks. The first select few users already have access.

Thank you! Hopefully I'll be on your database. Good luck with everything.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68196

• juan01
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Hope I'm also included in your database, especially after having that long conversation during IBC last year... Please let me know if I'm still eligible!

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 7 months ago #68384

• kingbokeh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
[quote="Matt Sandford" post=68045]DJAnt1 wrote:

I'm very interested. Please add me.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Scroll To Top