Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61806

• martva
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Dear dear LWKS,

Any news is news too. Like saying the mac version is still to Alpha to release, Or we are not working on it at the moment to stablize the linux version. Or the Mac version will not be released this year is also an update. It will be not the news we were hoping for, but hey, at least it is news. No communication is IMHO not the way to go.

So in our attempt of waiting, pleaz give uz update....

UPDATE: Count me in for testing....
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by martva.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61807

• Matt Sandford
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
The Mac version will be ready for Alpha testing very soon after the release of 11.5 on Windows and Linux.

The Mac version will be version 12 of Lightworks which will feature even more interface changes and improvements. More information will follow shortly. We are incredibly busy getting the release of 11.5 ready.
Lightworks Product Manager

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61809

• martva
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Hi Matt,

I just read the facebook post. Liked the page and the post.

I want to test SO bad.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61810

• DJAnt1
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Matt Sandford wrote:
The Mac version will be ready for Alpha testing very soon after the release of 11.5 on Windows and Linux.

The Mac version will be version 12 of Lightworks which will feature even more interface changes and improvements.

Thank you very much!!!

I just checked the announcement and you mention that version 11.5 "should now be ready for release on Wednesday", so we're really close and I am really glad.

A question though: as I understand it, there is a limited number of places for testing. I would like to "reserve" one, but I do not have a FaceBook account. Isn't it possible to do the "paperwork" here, through what is actually the official LWKS forum? I am very interested in the software and wouldn't like to miss the opportunity to try it.

Thanks for the information.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61871

• nickpitt_2000
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
What about the idea of dual booting a mac to linux? Will that work with the LW linux version?

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61915

• namyrb
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
There's actually a post on Facebook that says the best way to get into the alpha is to be on the forums, and NOT necessarily Facebook.

That being said

I'll be starting a new show in a couple of weeks. We've just installed a new terrablock (10gigE) in conjunction with the old Xsan (fibre) using an Avid/Resolve workflow. We'll be shooting Gopro, P2, and XDCAM. I'll have some downtime throughout the season so I think it would be a good opportunity to do some OS X Lightworks testing in that kind of environment.
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by namyrb.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61986

• Benverrall
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Hey - I am registering my interest in being part of the closed Alpha for Lightworks for Mac. Been eagerly anticipating! I edited professionally on Lightworks (run off a 486 in those days I think) for several years at the start of my career; having learned to edit on Steenbeck. By far the most enjoyable system to edit on - would love to go back to it!

Please do keep me in mind!

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #61988

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
nickpitt_2000 wrote:
What about the idea of dual booting a mac to linux? Will that work with the LW linux version?

Yes - my Macbook Pro dual-boots with Lubuntu 13.10. When we show Lightworks at trade-shows, we have a number of iMacs running Windows, OSX and Ubuntu.
Lightworks Development

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #62094

• DJAnt1
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
namyrb wrote:
There's actually a post on Facebook that says the best way to get into the alpha is to be on the forums, and NOT necessarily Facebook.

Yes, that makes sense and is what one would expect. However... after weeks of asking on the forums, we only knew about the Mac release when someone mentioned here what he had read on FB, so I was wondering (worried actually).

Now that the admins are posting here too, I assume we'll receive the news as fast as possible.

We're almost in February, so it should happen reallyreallysoon!

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #62264

• Sebrofj
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Matt Sandford wrote:

The Mac version will be version 12 of Lightworks which will feature even more interface changes and improvements. More information will follow shortly. We are incredibly busy getting the release of 11.5 ready.

Does this mean the Mac version will leapfrog Windows and Linux, or will they be upgraded to version 12 at the same time?

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #62265

• Sebrofj
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Jui wrote:
@Sebrofj:

A reasonable question, I suppose.

Here's my answer:

1) Because if you already have Apple hardware, investing into PC hw is still an investment, which might be totally unnecessary if LW is released for OSX say, a month later. Also, it's a bit bigger hassle than just walking into a computer store and getting an office PC.
2) Because you probably don't want to just go buy new hardware for your edit without even testing the new NLE you are interested in. You wouldn't buy a car without having a test drive or buy a house without seeing it, right? If I always bought a new system whenever I wanted to see if certain software is useful to me or not, I would spend all my money on hardware and most of my time configuring it.

Also, you might consider the possibility that someone has, say, five edit suites. If that someone had decided FCP won't cut it anymore, he or she might be extremely interested in getting a new NLE that runs on the same hardware. It's a question of money, familiarity with the hardware, hw support etc. Migrating from PC to Mac or vice versa is a more complex issue in a company environment, even without considering the cost involved.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks for this (and thanks to others who replied). It seems that you guys are about to get lucky, so I wish you well.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #62353

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Sebrofj wrote:
Does this mean the Mac version will leapfrog Windows and Linux, or will they be upgraded to version 12 at the same time?

I suspect the Windows & Linux will be public beta while Mac is Alpha.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #62363

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
v12 yes, +

beta testing makes "no sense" on diff. code levels...
so I think we'll see all the same app.

greets
s

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #62374

• niveoserenity
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
My Macbook is ready and so is my body
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by niveoserenity.

Re: Please, let us know what is happening with the Mac version. 5 years, 9 months ago #62418

• roger9999
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
I'm interested in alpha-testing as well.
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top