Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do I download an older version of Lightworks?

How do I download an older version of Lightworks? 1 week, 3 days ago #222830

• saintbrown
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
pretty much what the tittle says, I found 14.5 much easier to understand than 2020.1, and now I don't know how to go back.

Re: How do I download an older version of Lightworks? 1 week, 3 days ago #222834

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Currently you appear to be a free user, so you cannot use anything other than the current version.

Why do you find such a difference? Could it be that you have the user interface set to "Flexible" rather than "Fixed"? If that's your problem, click on the cogs menu and set "Project layout.." to "Fixed".

Re: How do I download an older version of Lightworks? 1 week, 3 days ago #222850

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
There is little difference operationally between V2020.1 and V14.5, it could be argued in some respects the new features make it easier to use. However, sometimes Lightworks doesn't initially open on the default fixed layout, but the flexible layout.

You can find out more and how to switch here: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=142324&Itemid=81

The most noticeable difference that catches free users out is that you export to your hard drive using MP4 rather than going via the YouTube export.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by briandrys.

Re: How do I download an older version of Lightworks? 1 week, 2 days ago #222860

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
saintbrown wrote:
.. and now I don't know how to go back.

You could only do this if you still have the old installation file, or if you had installed Lightworks 2020.1 in a separate directory parallel to 14.5. Legal downloads of old versions are not available for free licenses, and I think we are not allowed to share them.
Also note that when the next "Major Update" is released (currently planned name 2021.1), all older versions will probably be disabled for free license holders anyway. At least that's how it was when Lightworks 11 changed to 12 and 12 to 14 (the change from 14.0 to 14.5 and to 2020.1 were only "Minor Updates").
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by schrauber.

Re: How do I download an older version of Lightworks? 1 week, 2 days ago #222872

• saintbrown
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Alright, Flexible was changed to Fixed and everything is right in the world again, thank you guys so much.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top