Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Minimum requirements for Lightworks on Mac

Minimum requirements for Lightworks on Mac 3 months, 2 weeks ago #216085

• TheBassMan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi there. I’m just starting to use Lightworks and I’m definitely not looking to create high-end, professional videos. I want some capabilities that aren’t there in iMovie to create some multi screen videos for my music. My 2011 Mac Mini won’t cut it and I’m wondering how high up the Mac ladder I need to climb in order to make this happen. Would an iMac with the following specs do the job:

2.3GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 2133MHz DDR4
1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640

Essentially, I want to do videos with multi screen presentation with transitions, fade ins/outs, etc. A higher end home movie. Thoughts?

Re: Minimum requirements for Lightworks on Mac 3 months, 2 weeks ago #216097

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Users are working with Lightworks on similar spec PC machines. However, the unknowns are what format you wish to edit and the resolution?

Multi screen will add extra pressure on the computer, so may require the internal proxy editing. However, someone who's used this effect on a similar machine may be able to advise you.

Re: Minimum requirements for Lightworks on Mac 3 months, 2 weeks ago #216098

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Beside of computer power and complexity of edits, editing performance depends highly on resolution and format of the used media.

Prior to purchasing new hardware, just to fight against demanding media formats, I'd suggest trying the internal proxy workflow on your existing system.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787

See and tell how that works for you.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Minimum requirements for Lightworks on Mac 3 months, 2 weeks ago #216203

• TheBassMan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I tried using proxies and that fixed the problem, even using my 2011 Mac Mini. There goes my excuse for buying a new Mac. Lol! Thanks for the tip; it's saved me a lot of time, effort and cash.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top