Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Resize Not Working

Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206909

• tabanowa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
I am attempting to resize my video in the VFX window, but when I mouse over the corner the arrows do not appear and I can't find any way to resize my video. I'm working in the free version of Lightworks on a Mac, OS 10.13.6.

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206911

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206912

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
To resize the video you need either a 2D DVE or a 3D DVE effect. You resize the former by adjusting the image scale and the latter by adjusting Z position. The 3D DVE is the effect in the demonstration video.

If instead all that you wish to do is adjust cropping you can of course do that with a DVE too, but it's usually much simpler to use a crop effect. You will find a range of those here and instructions on installation here. A lot of those will allow dragging of the corners to crop, but not all do.
Last Edit: 9 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206913

• tabanowa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
So the crop effects are not automatically within Lightworks? I would need to install them? That seems complicated...

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206915

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Crops are part of the DVEs. If you don't need all the other functions in the DVE there are much simpler crop tools available which also offer bordering and other enhancements. Because they are simpler they put less of a load on your system than a DVE will, so are less likely to bog down with complex groupings of effects.

Installing effects isn't complicated and is one of the things that allows you to customise your Lightworks in the way that you want or need. You will also find enhanced DVE effects here.
Last Edit: 9 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206916

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
The reason why I asked is this:

tabanowa wrote:
Another problem I'm having is that I don't seem to be able to resize my video. Watching the introductory tutorial, it shows I should be able to resize in the VFX tag by dragging the corner of my video. When I mouse over the corner the arrows for resizing don't show up.

I understand, the user interface doesn't behave as shown in the V14.0 video tutorial?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206917

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
It does if you use the same effect as shown in the tutorial, i.e., the 3D DVE

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206918

• tabanowa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
In watching the quick-start tutorial video, it doesn't show having to add any sort of special effect in order to resize the video. It just shows, when in the VFX window, you can resize the video by grabbing the corner and making it larger or smaller.

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206919

• tabanowa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Another issue I am having is that somehow the sound gets slightly off-sync from the video when I import it into my timeline. When I watch the original on my computer, it's fine. But when I look at it in the viewer within Lightworks, it's off-sync, and of course after I've exported the file, the sound and video are slightly off-sync.

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206921

• tabanowa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
(I recently downloaded Lightworks, so I would think I'd have the same version as in the Quick-Start tutorial.)

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206923

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Unfortunately not. The tutorial was released on 29.11.2016, and shows Lightworks 14.0.
For the current version 14.5 (released in October 2018) no official tutorial was created.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206924

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
First things first: apply the 3D DVE effect to your video. That should work and if it doesn't, let us know.

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206927

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

tabanowa wrote:
In watching the quick-start tutorial video, it doesn't show having to add any sort of special effect in order to resize the video.

The tutorial shows that the 3D effect is already standby in Setting Tab by default. If this is the case with the first installation of 14.5, I can't say, but it is configurable.
But Lightworks comes with many more already installed effects, which can be selected by clicking on "+" and the desired category, and then added to the Timeline. The short Quick Start video shows only a tiny part of the many possibilities of Lightwork.

Installing effects developed by us users privately is just another way to improve Lightwork.
In order to get to know Lightworks, it probably makes sense in the first step to find and get to know the standard effects available in Lightworks.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206955

• tabanowa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Thank you.

Re: Resize Not Working 9 months, 1 week ago #206956

• tabanowa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Any ideas on this other issue?

[Another issue I am having is that somehow the sound gets slightly off-sync from the video when I import it into my timeline. When I watch the original on my computer, it's fine. But when I look at it in the viewer within Lightworks, it's off-sync, and of course after I've exported the file, the sound and video are slightly off-sync.]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top