Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to export

How to export 10 months ago #205989

• msandoval1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months ago
I'm having trouble exporting on my mac - on all help videos I've watched the instructions are to right-click with windows, but control-click does not seem to activate the same options.

Please advise.

Re: How to export 10 months ago #205990

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 10 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

The method you've been using should work: www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/right-click-3610351/

Please ensure that you are selecting the correct area to access the exports. The Lightworks menus are contextual, so right clicking to open the menu should work. The sequence timeline is a safe starting point for the export.

Re: How to export 10 months ago #206052

• msandoval1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months ago
Thank you. This worked.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208480

• ooteboe1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
I have also the problem right click (trackpad ctrl - click) does not work. Looked at the link "how to right click" and tried other 'option' 'ctrl+option' + click nothing. No screen comes up in either the edited version (color and sound correction made) or the original clip as in the youtube Quick start introduction shows. A regular image on my computer no problem. (Mac OS.10.11.6)

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208481

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Ctrl+click is reserved for internal Lightworks functions and will not work as substitute for a right-click.

I'd suggest having a closer look into the information linked to by briandrys. All Apple pointing devices support a right-click. The behaviour is widely adjustable from System Preferences.

For instance, with a Magic Mouse a right-click is a right-click and, on a trackpad tapping with two finger does the same, if you haven't changed default settings.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208482

• ooteboe1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
I have a Bamboo trackpad (model CTH-470) The two fingers I gave try with touch "on" - does not work. braindrys says Control + click should work in Lightworks - It does work on my images on the computer just not on Lightworks (v14.5.0) as the Quick start shows for the export menu. No dialoge box but sometimes I get a strange 'exec' file am my desktop ending with .mov.Ivix but can not open it.

What does braindrys mean by " selecting the correct area to access the exports. " ?

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208483

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
You can export from a number of menus in Lightworks. These menus are contextual, so you need to be aware which "area" any menu is exporting.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208484

• ooteboe1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
What do I do wrong ? Why do i get, with out the export dialoge box, a strange 'exec' file am my desktop ending with .mov.Ivix that can not be opened.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208485

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
The .lvix file is a data file used by Lightwotks, it contains the data required by the program to edit your media, since it doesn't actually change any of your source media, it just logs it. Other NLEs have similar files.

If that's where your media is filed, that where this data file will appear. However, I would suggest putting your media in a more appropriate location on your hard drive than the desktop
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208487

• ooteboe1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
(storage location - I am testing not jet working)

Why does Lightworks download sometimes a data file using controle click ?
why do i not get a dialoge box for export when using controle click on the adjusted film fragment as shown in the Lightworks youtube quick start ?
What do I do wrong or is there an error in Lightworks v14.5.0 ?

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208489

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
The exported media should be on your hard drive. It does work as described in the video tutorial, check where the destination folder is in your export window, you may have to change it to a more suitable one. Using this, you should also be able to find where your current export may be located.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208490

• ooteboe1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
1 - I do not get an export dialoge window as the video tutorial shows.
2 - I searched for the filename and find nothing but my original file ( without the Lightworks edits )
( 3 - In the lightworks folder - 'logs' - 'Backup' I find 6 exec files named error.log.1 through 6. )

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208491

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Please could you do a screen grab of your export box and attach it to your next message.

The export dialogue box can be seen on P217 of the V14.5 User Guide found in downloads > documentation at the top of this web site.
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208492

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
As a matter of interest: What is an "exec file"?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: How to export 8 months, 2 weeks ago #208493

• ooteboe1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Downloaded the user guide Thank you.

I do not get an export dialoge window as the video tutorial shows when I right click (pad control-click)

export box ?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds
Scroll To Top