Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting to "Projects" Page

Getting to "Projects" Page 1 week, 2 days ago #204643

• NanaLei
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I just installed Lightworks and registered. I must have done something wrong because I can't even find the tab to start a project.
I am not at all technologically inclined, so I really feel stupid even asking this question.
How do I get from the login page, to start a project?

I really hope I am not the only one that has had this problem...
Any help would be appreciated.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Getting to "Projects" Page 1 week, 2 days ago #204644

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hello,

Lightworks is an application which runs locally on your computer. You have to download and install it.

To download, click on the 'Download' button on top of this page, and download the installer for the current stable release V14.5 for you operating system. Here shown for the 64-bit version of Windows, which is the most common:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

To install after download has finished, double-click on the installer and follow the instructions, there's no need to change any of the defaults when installing, in particular you shouldn't change the destination folder.

When starting the application you are issued with a 7-day guest license, no login needed. After this period, when starting Lightworks Free, you'll have to login on startup with the credentials you've used to register, reoccurring once a week.

Hope this helps.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Getting to "Projects" Page 1 week, 2 days ago #204647

• NanaLei
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I just tried installing the program again, 64-bit. Followed all the instructions, didn't change anything.

Attachment Lightworks Welcome.PNG not found

I still come to the same site, that has Welcome and tabs for Product, downloads, shop, tutorials...but there still isn't anything that starts a project.
It can't really be this hard. I must be doing something very wrong.
I just want to start working on editing a video.

Re: Getting to "Projects" Page 1 week, 2 days ago #204649

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Your attachment shows an error. That's most likely, because image files have a size limit of 1MB. Please convert for size to jpeg or zip the png and attach the archive.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Getting to "Projects" Page 1 week, 2 days ago #204653

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Are you assuming that Lightworks is cloud operated? You need to download the program and install it.

You create projects on your computer, not on this web site.

Are you on the flexible layout? Sometimes new installs open on this layout out, rather than the default fixed one. Please see this sticky for switching layouts.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=142324&Itemid=81
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top