• Page:

TOPIC: applying edits from trak A1 to A2

applying edits from trak A1 to A2 1 month, 1 week ago #187474

• Danielo123
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hi there!
I am edditing an MP4 video that has two grouped stereo tracks A1-A2.
In order to merge them into a mono I deleted A2 and then edited the video, only to realize later that the quality of that track was bad. Is there a way I can bring back A2 and apply the edits to it?
Thanks!
Laptop: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b001sa, i3-3217U CPU @ 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4GB ram. Windows 8.1 64 bit

Re: applying edits from trak A1 to A2 1 month, 1 week ago #187479

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
You could try to export an EDL, do a copy & replace to change A1 to A2 in a text editor or word processor and then import the altered EDL back into Lwks.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: applying edits from trak A1 to A2 1 month, 1 week ago #187482

• Danielo123
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Thanks Arniepix! It sounds really neat but exporting EDL is a pro feature that I do not have. Any other ideas?
Laptop: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b001sa, i3-3217U CPU @ 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4GB ram. Windows 8.1 64 bit

Re: applying edits from trak A1 to A2 1 month, 1 week ago #187483

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
With the Free version you can use Pop-out original together with Replace commands.

First, make a copy of your sequence from "Sequence Commands.Make.Copy" to work on. Clicking on track names toggles enable/disable track. I assume that the material to replace is located on V1,A1,A2, if not, disable tracks accordingly.

Jump using A-key and S-key to the incoming cut of the first segment to correct, press N-key to Pop-out original, the original clips shows up in bin "Recent", double-click to open in source viewer and press B-key to Replace. Repeat for all segments to replace.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: applying edits from trak A1 to A2 1 month, 1 week ago #187709

• Danielo123
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Thank you hugly! However, I created a copy of my sequence but I still see no A2 - becauese as I said I deleted it. Even when I go to the 'original' bin and play the uncut version I still don't have the A2 track that originally was there.

Re: applying edits from trak A1 to A2 1 month, 1 week ago #187710

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Do you ask how to add empty audio tracks to a sequence in the timeline?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Scroll To Top