Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Right Click for split options

Right Click for split options 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181512

• goldenrat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi, I am a beginner working on the MAc. The tutorial video shows to right click on the clip to pull up the split options. This is not working for me even if I control click. How do I pull up the split options in this case? Thanks!

Re: Right Click for split options 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181514

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

I assume you wish to spilt a video clip. I'm not sure which video you're referring to, but if you place the playhead where to wish to split the clip then use "c" on the keyboard, that produces an empty cut in the clip. That's only a cut, you can then split the video, however, this normally used for effects like speed changes etc, rather than editing.

You cam also click on the right icon with the red arrows pointing at each other under the sequence viewer, but "c" is faster.
Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: Right Click for split options 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181515

• goldenrat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the quick response. I am trying to get to this menu
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Right Click for split options 4 months, 3 weeks ago #181516

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Place your cursor on the clip itself and right click, that will open on segment commands. Have a play with placing the cursor on various positions on the timeline and clicking, you will find different sets of commands for each area.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds
Scroll To Top