Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks"

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 5 months, 1 week ago #169199

• Kbell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
This seems to still be an issue with Lightworks 14. I am on a Macbook Air OS X 10.9.5. I followed the directions above and finally got it to download. Mine also says that it won’t work optimally with my current graphics card. I’m hoping that it will still work in most regards.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 5 months, 1 week ago #169200

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Check out V14.1, as far as I can see here, the message related to onboard Intel graphics card isn't shown anymore.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 month, 1 week ago #178296

• boplinger
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Same thing is happening to me.... Bummer!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 month, 1 week ago #178299

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Install 14.5. It's still officially a beta version, but it's extremely stable and should help.

For what it's worth, 14.1 never made it out of beta. There were so many updates that the developers felt that a rename was necessary.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 month, 1 week ago #178302

• boplinger
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Thank you, tried that too. It loads and installs but then when I try to open it - it disappears from the doc. I wonder if I'd have better luck when I install High Sierra...

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 month, 1 week ago #178307

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Might help, but Lightworks V14.5 is supposed to run on Mavericks 10.9.5.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Error logs would be helpful (Lightworks and OSX).

But there's a thing I don't understand. If you saw the message "Verifying Lightworks" never ending, it indicates that your security settings have to be changed on OS level. I don't understand how V14.5 installs with security settings which disable installation.

Did you touch security settings?
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 month, 1 week ago #178311

• boplinger
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
"If you saw the message "Verifying Lightworks" never ending, it indicates that your security settings have to be changed on OS level."

I did and so changed them as instructed to "anywhere", which helped the never endign verification but ended in a disappearing icon from my doc.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 month, 1 week ago #178324

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Thanks, I see.

Could you force a crash and attach the crash log as text file with your response please?
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top