Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks"

Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104403

• elicero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi,

I recently downloaded Lightworks for Mac but didn't have the time to try it until today. I opened the app and I got a progress bar saying "Verifying Lightworks". It starts really slow then it goes all the way to 100%, but then nothing happens, but I notice the compressed memory of the computer starts to increase until the computer is unusable. Virtual Memory wen't as high as 25GB.

I came to the website and noticed a new beta version (I had previously installed 12.5.0) which said it fixed start-up problems, but no. It still has the same issue. It's stuck in "Verifying Lightworks" and the memory press wen't up again, but it stabilised at 3.6GB.

Any tips? I have a McBook Pro 13" 8GB Memory running Yosemite
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104444

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
try using 12.6.B, if you are running an older version.
s

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104446

• Cookiecutter
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Please can you compress and attach your "Backup" error log folder? This can be found here: /Users/USER ACCOUNT/Lightworks/Logs

EDIT: Sorry a closer look at your screen grab shows you are just trying to open the Download and that Lightworks has not been installed or started. I would think the download is corrupt in someway and I would recommend downloading the installer again from our site. If you still experience problems, please let us know and we will source an alternative download for you.
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Cookiecutter.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104458

• elicero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi. Thank you for your quick reply. I ran the app from the Launch Pad menu, after installing it. The download is in dmg format. You double click it and the image mounts. Then you get a screen that says "Drag this to the Applications Folder", which I did.

There is a couple of details that I noticed. If I just click the app icon on the Apps folder, the Finder tells me the version is 1.0. Also, this path you are pointing, I can't find it. So, it may suggest what you say, the download might be corrupt, but, both 12.5.0 and 12.6.B?

I will try redownloading and post back again. Thank you!

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104461

• elicero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi Again. I just downloaded the dmg again, this time it downloaded a 12.6.C version.

I mounted the DMG after download and drag the app to the Applications Folder. Same results.

I should say that there is no prompt for installing the software, just the "drag to" operation.

I am reattaching a screen capture. I also tried to locate this log folder with no luck. Should the installer mount a folder structure somewhere?

Regards,
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104571

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
There is no Lightworks installer for the Mac. The disk image contains the full program, and you should be able to install it simply by dragging it into your applications folder or into the applications folder alias on the disk image.

In your system preferences in the Apple menu, go to the security pane and make sure that you have either "Mac App Store and identified developers" or "Anywhere" checked.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104592

• elicero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
I've always had it on Mac App Store and identified developers.

Will try with Anywhere and let you know.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104593

• Scott Hill
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
I have also only had it set to "Mac App Store and identified developers" until I downloaded 12.6.C. This is the first time I've needed to change it to "Anywhere" to get a new version of Lightworks to open on my MacBook Pro.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104683

• elicero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Ok. Switching to "Anywhere" fixed the issue, and it was able to finish its verification process and open.

Thanx!!!

Now I'm getting the message "Lightworks will not run optimally using the integrated intel graphics hardware. Please consider switching to the discrete nvidia or AMD graphics".

I don't mean to branch out on a new subject. I have a MacBook Pro 13" laptop. So, is this message suggesting I should purchase a new graphics card?

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 2 years, 2 months ago #104685

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Ideally you should, but see how well Lightworks operates with your current card in the meantime. Lightworks often doesn't run with integrated graphics cards.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 year, 9 months ago #114586

• normbay
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
That finally worked for me too. Not an ideal situation where we need to trawl through pages of unindexed forum to find how to even start the software!

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 year, 9 months ago #114674

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
Since this is the only thread on this subject. it doesn't appear to be a common difficulty.

If you have an error message please check in FAQ or Acivation Trouble Shooting first, if you can't find there then paste the error message into the forum search. This "Verifying Lightworks" thread came up straightaway, there is a lot of information in the forum, but you need to use the search.

If that doesn't find what you need, you're very welcome to start a new thread to solve your problem.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 year, 8 months ago #116857

• paulotex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
Sorry to resuscitate an old thread, but it's just to add a "me too". Opening Lightworks for the first time (downloaded and installed on the 2nd of February) caused the same issue as the OP: gets stuck at "verifying Lightworks" and the computer slows to a crawl. I am on OSX 10.10 and 6GB RAM.

I will try to download a more recent version and see if I still need to change security.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by paulotex.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 year, 8 months ago #116864

• paulotex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
No difference. Had to select "Allow apps downloaded from" to "Anywhere" for the first run. After that, I could put it back to "Mac App Store and identified developers". This seems to be a problem with the system process that verifies the app, since the icon that shows is the one from the security Preference Pane.

Re: Lightworks won't open. Stays in "Verifying Lightworks" 1 year, 8 months ago #116961

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
Go to the apple menu and select "About this Mac" from the top of the menu. Post a screenshot of the window that command opens.
post production is not an afterthought!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
Scroll To Top