Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Please help importing MP4 video but audio won't play?!

Please help importing MP4 video but audio won't play?! 4 years ago #100615

• Jennymills
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years ago
Hi I recently made an edit on a windows computer and exported an archive of that project to work on St home. I imported that to light works on Mac and the media was offline, the relink option is greyed out. So instead I imported my previously finished edit MP4 into the light works on Mac and was planning to edit that instead. But there is no audio playing on the import. It plays in QuickTime so I know it is there, please help I tried importing with the transcode option from the drop down menu next to import, still nothing.

If I could get either way to work it would be great as really need to get this done and only need to cut couple of seconds. It's frustrating I am sure it is user error!

Thanks in advance Jenny

Re: Please help importing MP4 video but audio won't play?! 4 years ago #100621

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 years ago
Are you running the latest release candidate of version 12.5? It's currently at RC7, and version 12.5 has had updates to audio handling to bring it more into line with current media formats.

If you decide to try that don't uninstall your existing version first. Instead install the release candidate into its own folder - they will both happily coexist.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Scroll To Top