Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Converting frame rate

Converting frame rate 7 years, 10 months ago #40629

• Dirty magic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 10 months ago
I have shot a few clips using my gopro at 100fps because I wanted to use slow motion, I can convert the desired slomo clips to 25fps thus playing them at 25% speed, perfect. I want to import the other clips to be played in real time but I guess they need to be converted to 25fps first. How can I do this?

I have done a search and people have mentioned virtualdub and marked 5, are these the tools for the job? I'm not worried about sound issues.
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by Dirty magic.

Re: Converting frame rate 7 years, 10 months ago #40649

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 years, 10 months ago
There may be other ways but it was suggested in another thread that one can use the Eyeframe Converter for this. Drag a file into EFC and then right-click in line with the Rate column to change the frame rate. Also, if you right-click below your imported file you can change the format that you save to (ie. Format for editing). The MJPEG HD format has been recommended a lot and it seems good in my limited testing.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta
Last Edit: 7 years, 3 months ago by rhinox202. Reason: EFC Link Correction

Re: Converting frame rate 7 years, 10 months ago #40791

• Dirty magic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 10 months ago
That's excellent advise, thanks.

I've now used EFC and it did exactly what I wanted.
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by Dirty magic.

Re: Converting frame rate 7 years, 10 months ago #40793

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 years, 10 months ago
Since this alleviated your problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post's subject. This will help others find suitable solutions when searching in the future. Thanks.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by rhinox202.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top