Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: scrolling and flashing multi color video when attempting to record input

scrolling and flashing multi color video when attempting to record input 1 month ago #221335

• stoecklem
  • Edu User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello Support,
We're experiencing the following when we attempt to capture video into Lightworks:

Scrolling and flashing multi-color video when attempting to record input.

All test pass within the Aja Controller Video Card tests
Video input and output are present as 1080i 29.97fps

Lightworks version 2020
Aja Kona LHe+ : driver version 15.5.3 : Firmware- 2016/3/17

Re: scrolling and flashing multi color video when attempting to record input 1 month ago #221338

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Since I'm not aware of any active member of this forum who uses this hardware, I can start guessing. My first guess would be that your capture card or the drivers are not compatible with Lightworks 2020.1. As far as I know, there isn't a list of compatible Aja Kona models/versions.

Saying this, I can imagine that contacting Editshare directly with the issue will provide information away from pure guessing.

To get in contact you can use the form Report a problem

Edit: Just to clarify, because you've addressed 'support': This is a user forum and I'm not with Edishare/Lightworks. Members of this forum are user of the software who support each other. That isn't Lightworks support organized and provided by Editshare staff. The form I linked to above addresses Editshare directly.

Keep us updated!
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: scrolling and flashing multi color video when attempting to record input 1 month ago #221344

• stoecklem
  • Edu User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thanks for the response and link to support.
I guess it would help had i mentioned that it once worked, but now does not!!

AS for the specs. We checked the Record and Playout qualifications prior to initially installing Lightworks and all is good there.
Support for SDI capture devices*:
Matrox X.mio, DSX LE2/3 and MXO2 ranges
Blackmagic Decklink, UltraStudio and Intensity ranges
AJA Kona and Io XT

I certainly appreciate your "user forum disclaimer" I'm a big fan of forums; i believe them to be very serendipitous!!

Re: scrolling and flashing multi color video when attempting to record input 1 month ago #221346

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
stoecklem wrote:
I guess it would help had i mentioned that it once worked, but now does not!!

Additional information would have just complicated the guesswork. If it once worked with V14.5 it would confirm my first guess, if it once worked with 2020.1, I would have said "try to find out what has changed on your system".

I think feeding those with additional information who are paid for knowing such things is the best solution.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top