Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Imported videos via Lightworks appear sped up and out of sync

Imported videos via Lightworks appear sped up and out of sync 5 months ago #200130

• slagjaw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I'm slagjaw.
  • 5 months ago
Greetings. Currently I am facing issues with playback on selected imported videos that I have simply wanted to cut and edit. Do note, I am not a professional and am extremelynew to the 'Lightworks' video editing software.

The problem that I am encountering consists of my media being played-back maybe 2x the speed. As for me, this has become a very frustrating dilemma; also quite a puzzling one. I resorted to looking on the Lightworks Forums in search of a similar problem - with hopes of an answer - but to my amusement, lowering the speed of the media only made it sound like a vortex of slow motion. Dissatisfied with the results, I searched for another forum and was advised to take note of the framerate of the media, as disorganized framerates of your selected project can mess with the playback of your video.

With this in mind, I returned to Lightworks and noticed more about the video framerate and my selected framerate based on the project. The bottom line is; most of my video files are based on 80fps, and the selected video file happens to also be in this category. However, the project fps settings can only reach up to 60.

So, I am stumped. Without further framerate capability, am I stuck with 2x speed and out-of-sync audio no matter what framerate I choose lower than 80fps? Or is there any other possible fix to this?

If you can help me, I would be more than grateful. I have been frustrated with this software for over 2 hours now and a helpful answer will suffice. Let me now if any more info is needed.

(I also don't know how to save the metadata as a doc file so I can show you additional information.)

Re: Imported videos via Lightworks appear sped up and out of sync 5 months ago #200132

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like your source media has been recorded at a low frame rate, To find out more please follow the directions in this sticky, so that users can see the technical details. www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Then paste the text report into your next message.

Okay. 5 months ago #200134

• slagjaw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I'm slagjaw.
  • 5 months ago
Here is the MetaData .txt file I had originally intended to show.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Okay. 5 months ago #200136

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
Your video has a non standard target frame rate:

Frame rate : 74.965 FPS

You'll need to convert your video to a standard frame rate before importing it. If you're in the UK(or PAL country) 50 fps or 25fps would seem to round the current frame rate nicely, otherwise 60fps.

You can use Handbrake for this job, please see this sticky for suitable settings: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=166802&Itemid=81

Re: Okay. 5 months ago #200139

• slagjaw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I'm slagjaw.
  • 5 months ago
I don't have either a 'Destination' nor 'Output Settings' in my Handbrake application as described in the image from the website.

However, I have found a manual way of doing this via the preference settings of the application. This got things working for me.

I have ran out two encoder tests to see results and if it will work within the Lightworks criteria.

To my surprise when I played both tests, both of the videos proceeded to play normally as intended until after 3 in a half seconds, the software proceeds to freeze the video and the audio is still playing. If I move the video slider forward or back it takes a bit for it to catch up and repeats as said previously.

I am going to fiddle with settings and see if anything actually works 100% of the way through. I will contact you again if I need any additional help.

Thank you for your guidance!

Re: Okay. 5 months ago #200141

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
The thread linked to above is pretty old and has grown quite long. Handbrake has changed their preset options and preset file format, in the meanwhile. That's mentioned there and presets for the new format are provided for download, but that might be easy to miss if not reading the whole thread.

Most of the available presets are not well suitable for video editing.

My suggestion, with Handbrake 1.2.1 and later: From "Video" tab, use the preset "Production.Standard" and set "Framerate (FPS)" to "60". Use a 60 fps project to edit (not Mixed Rates). See how that works for you.

In the past, some Microsoft Game DVR captures showed not correctable audio drop outs after converting, with whatever software I've tested with. Do you see something like this?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months ago by hugly.

Re: Okay. 5 months ago #200187

• slagjaw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I'm slagjaw.
  • 5 months ago
I figured this out on my own after trial and error. I was then editing my video to my preferences until I was finished.

I then uploaded the video to YouTube, and all of my 5 hours in total of work had not saved when it uploaded.

As you can understand, this is very frustrating.

As a result, I am no longer wasting my time with this repulsive software. I wrote a horrible review afterwards.

Such a waste of time.

Re: Okay. 5 months ago #200189

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Unfortunately, I don't understand.

Lightworks autosaves everything continuously.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top