• Page:

TOPIC: problem with import of gopro footage

problem with import of gopro footage 1 month ago #196224

• rolcher
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

I have a gopro footage that I cant import, resp. only audio can be played, no video. The resolution is 2704x2028, I know, it is not standard, so I figured out, that is a problem. Therefore I used Aiseesoft video converter to change the resolution to full HD. And that cant be imported, unfortunately, the quality is significantly worse.

So I tried to convert it in higher resolution, it looks great in vlc player, but again, I cant import it. Neither 4K nor UHD. And that is weird because I when record on gopro in UHD, that can be imported, I have done before. And it was fine.

Could anyone please tell, where the catch is.

Thank you a lot.

Rolcher
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: problem with import of gopro footage 1 month ago #196227

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

It could be that the files detected as AVCHD which show black viewer are encoded in HEVC (h.265).
HEVC isn't a supported codec, yet.

You can check with Mediainfo. If it shows HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), change your transcoder settings to something supported, or better, use most recent Handbrake with 'Production.Standard' preset. If it doesn't, please post a Mediainfo report of one of those files, and a second one with the original recording, if the file is transcoded.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Scroll To Top