Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is it possible to import content from an online drive, or an external hardrive?

Is it possible to import content from an online drive, or an external hardrive? 11 months, 1 week ago #166131

• femi.ariyibi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
When I try to import content from Google drive or OneDrive to Lightworks, there's no drop down option to do that within Lightworks, is there a way of importing videos from an online drive? Alternatively, I'm thinking of getting an external hardrive, is it possible to import from there?

Re: Is it possible to import content from an online drive, or an external hardrive? 11 months, 1 week ago #166138

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
femi.ariyibi wrote:
When I try to import content from Google drive or OneDrive to Lightworks, there's no drop down option to do that within Lightworks, is there a way of importing videos from an online drive? Alternatively, I'm thinking of getting an external hardrive, is it possible to import from there?

I am using linux so it may be different if you are using another OS. Go to Import > Select files to Import > Places. This should show every file location that the OS recognises or has mounted.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS LWKS 14.5, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 Now working

Re: Is it possible to import content from an online drive, or an external hardrive? 11 months, 1 week ago #166183

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
Jpaulbiss wrote:
I am using linux so it may be different if you are using another OS.

It won't be. The user interface will be identical, only the drive names (obviously) will change.

Re: Is it possible to import content from an online drive, or an external hardrive? 11 months, 1 week ago #166188

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
jwrl wrote:
Jpaulbiss wrote:
I am using linux so it may be different if you are using another OS.

It won't be. The user interface will be identical, only the drive names (obviously) will change.

I am not sure if it is possible in windows; but with linux I give the hard drive a label. eg. the local drive where the files are store when I am editing is called AudioVisual not very creative but functional. On boot the OS reads a File system table fstab uses the UUID of the hdd to mount the drive
# /home/jpb/audiovisual was on /dev/sdc1 during installation
UUID=3e613fbd-c273-47e9-acbb-7260d08dc76e /home/jpb/audiovisual

If it works with windows have no experience. The last time I used OS for more than an hour at a time that was when XP was in beta stage.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS LWKS 14.5, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 Now working
Last Edit: 11 months, 1 week ago by Jpaulbiss.

Re: Is it possible to import content from an online drive, or an external hardrive? 11 months, 1 week ago #166190

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
a normal drive (or external) is an excellent choice.
just download to that one and import afterwards.
s

Re: Is it possible to import content from an online drive, or an external hardrive? 11 months, 1 week ago #166245

• femi.ariyibi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
Okay thank you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top