Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: To import videos of different fps in the same project

To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97580

• jordan36
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
Hello.
I cannot import two videos of different fps (one with 25 fps and other one with 30 fps). Is not this possible in lightworks? There is some alternative? With the professional version if it would be possible?
A greeting...
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by jordan36.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97583

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
If you want to mix framerates, you need to work in a 24fps project.

This is explained in the manual and in the tutorials.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97644

• jordan36
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
If I work on a project of 24 fps, I can not import videos from 30 fps, only 24 fps.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97670

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
Have you tried? I have just created a new 24 fps project in LW 12.0.2 and imported a mixture of 25 and 30 fps media. It worked here. I then quit 12.0.2 and opened the same project in 12.5.RC4 and imported some 24 and 25 fps media. It worked here, running under Windows 8.1.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97687

• jordan36
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
Yes, I've tried. My LW version is 12.0.2 (64b), running under Linux Mint 17 Qiana 64b.
I create a new 24 fps project and import a video of 25 fps (without problems). But if I import a 30 fps video give me an error:
"Unable to import into the current project: check frame-rate and audio sample-rate".

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97688

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
It may be worth running an analysis with Mediainfo to find out what's happening with your 30fps project.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97726

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
jordan36 wrote:
if I import a 30 fps video give me an error:
"Unable to import into the current project: check frame-rate and audio sample-rate".

It should work, unless there's some odd issue with your media. A workaround may be to import the clip into a 30 fps project then copy it from that project to your 24 fps one. If that works it gets you out of your immediate problem, but it seems that there may be an underlying problem with the 30 fps media that needs addressing.
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by jwrl.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97958

• jordan36
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
I do not get in any way to import two different fps video in the same project. I tried with the 64B version windows 7 in a virtual machine. Nor let me import.
The videos are not damaged. I tried it with a lower video editing program and I can import the two videos of different fps.
Nobody same thing happened? Could you have imported videos of different fps in the same project? If really LightsWorks does not allow to do it, it should be an improvement.
Thank you for your answers.
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by jordan36.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #97990

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
The 24 fps format in Lightworks was designed to do just what you need. When I made my initial suggestion it was because I knew that it worked. I currently have a 24 fps project containing both 29.97 and 25 fps media. It was created in 11.5.1, and maintained in various versions up to 12.5 RC4.

I'm not aware of any specific issue with 12.0.2 that would stop you doing as I suggested. However to rule that out, you could try downloading and installing 12.5 RC4 in a separate directory to your main install. See if that changes things.

[EDIT] Actually, re-reading your error message, the problem may be with your 30 fps media. Some detailed information about that would be helpful. You should read this thread to see what is needed and how to obtain and post it.
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by jwrl.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 4 years, 4 months ago #98038

• ChecMark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 4 months ago
I am brand spanking new to LW but confused already. I thought I read that if you create a project with 24fps then a clip in 30fps would be converted when imported, but this is not happening. The clip is still 30fps and sounds like a chipmunk on playback.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 1 year, 5 months ago #181023

• ceefour
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
I also have similar issue and it seems to be caused by variable frame rate, which are videos generated by Camera360 and sometimes Xiaomi Mi A1's built-in Camera app.

it doesn't matter what setting I choose in the project, 30 fps, 24 fps, Auto, or Mixed rates, Lightworks won't allow me to import them. It seems the best way is just to prepare these weird clips first using ffmpeg.

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 1 year, 5 months ago #181026

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Since you're using a variable frame rate, rather than a constant one:

The V14.5 RC8 beta now supports variable frame rates (except AVI files), so it would be worth checking it out. It’s close to release, so is pretty stable; however, this is a new feature in this build being beta tested. It can be downloaded from the same page as V14.

If taking this route, ensure that “Apply VFR correction” is selected in the project menu (top left corner) under video, you can link to or transcode during import. If you have a lower powered computer using the Lightworks’ internal proxy editing should reduce the load on your machine.. Details on P138 in the V14 User Guide found in downloads > documentation

Re: To import videos of different fps in the same project 1 year, 5 months ago #181029

• ceefour
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Thanks @briandrys.

Wow, that's awesome! Considering that a lot of devices now output variable frame-rate videos by default (and unfortunately not changeable; although I can understand the reason why, it's more storage-effective and probably compute-effective when video frames are dropped).

This is very good news.

At least for now I've used Handbrake to "fixify" my clips. Fortunately they're just 720p h264 ones and doesn't take much time to reencode.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top