Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application"

[SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 11 months ago #9730

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
www.dma.ufg.ac.at/assets/23828/intern/assistant_application_lightworksanddigitalfusion_by_S.swf

greets
S.

56 frames -> should be: rendering 00..55, not 56, but i really didn't want it to re re record this ,)

is there a DFX+? for LightWorks, last time i used an dps velocity with DFX+, has been quite handy...
Last Edit: 8 years, 11 months ago by lghtwrks.

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 11 months ago #9743

• Hammerhead
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
is there a DFX+? for LightWorks

Lightworks has some support for scripted launching of Fusion (see the .dfscript files in Lightworks\Effect Templates) but unfortunately it hasn't been updated since Fusion 4 (!). We did however hook up with the guys from Eyeon at NAB and they're keen to get us a copy of Fusion 6 so that we can resurrect 'proper' Fusion support.
Lightworks development

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 11 months ago #9772

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
thx for the info > wanted to try this script.

renamed ".dfscript" -> ".eyeonscript"

-> the script loads an so called "clip list file" via io.load()...

>> not sure, when/where the arguments arg[0] and arg[1] are "generated"/"passed", so i tried to "hardcode" the clip list filename into the script..

is that the ".odb" file from the projects folder under projects\P0000XYZ\XXYZXXX:odb?

(the script searches for "pal" or "ntsc" in that file, but the .odb does not seem to have that entries...)

greets
s.

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 11 months ago #9774

• Hammerhead
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
-> the script loads an so called "clip list file" via io.load()...

>> not sure, when/where the arguments arg[0] and arg[1] are "generated"/"passed", so i tried to "hardcode" the clip list filename into the script..

is that the ".odb" file from the projects folder under projects\P0000XYZ\XXYZXXX:odb?

If you had Fusion 4, you would see an additional 'Digital Fusion' item in the Lightworks effect list. You would apply this (just as you do an Assistant Application effect) but when you click 'Launch', Lightworks writes out a small text file - dftransfer.txt - which contains details of your source media. That file is then passed to sourcesubst.dfscript so that Fusion is launched with loaders pre-made with the relevant media.

It might be possible to fool Lightworks into launching Fusion 6 using the current software.. We detect whether Fusion is installed by looking in the registry at "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Digital.Fusion.Flow\shell\open\command" where we expect to find a valid path. We then expect to be able to invoke dfscript.exe from that location. The syntax in our dfscripts probably needs updating.. And and any media imported via 'create link' would not be described to Fusion correctly. But if you can overcome those obstacles..
Lightworks development

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 11 months ago #9805

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
hi hammerhead, thx for the info

i didn't get it to work. i set the abs.path to the fusion directory with the dfscript.exe in it in the registry (reg_sz) and also tried an abs path pointing to the exe directly, but LW didn't list an "df" entry under effects.

if you check the new version in LW and give them the cut list file format,
the guys from eyeon could fix that script in about 10 min. ,-) i think
DF() is now FUSION() etc. dfscript is .eyeonscript aso.

but, would it be possible to implement something like...
so _all_ applications could work with lightworks.... (most are scriptable, so we just need the data of affected files, so to say a generate script list button)

Application ___________________________
(eg. abs. path to exe, "batch" file, com, aso.)

Parameters ____________________________
(eg. paramters for the executable '-l bla.comp', "-load test.aep",...)

if there would be an option to generate a cvs on demand, like the "generate source list" button, we could do much more..

(x) Generate Clip List File
Clip List File Location _______________
(eg. C:\Project1\myCliplists\Cut1.txt)

(=> if possible: it would be nice to have set a variable based on affected track "name" in lightworks, which could be used in the parameters-input filed
to have eg affeted video in Track V1 for that "effect" as $V1, $V2 as V2, eg. to do "some.exe -i -fps 25 $V1 -o c:\output\v1.avi" directly in LW)

greets
s
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 5 months ago #15805

• pingking
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 years, 5 months ago
so, it seems that this isnt solved so far or is there any progress for the upcoming 1.0 release?

as a starting point, since eyeon changed Fusion in version 5 alot. some things have changed.

the new registry entry is:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Fusion.Composition\shell\open\command

and the executable is now fusion.exe

i'll take a look at the old scripts and will try to port them to the newer fusion syntax
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by pingking.

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 5 months ago #15806

• pingking
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 years, 5 months ago
okay, worked 10mins on the old code and got it so far that eyeonscript.exe (the replacement for the old dfscript.exe) starts fusion and tries to source the "dftransfer.txt". i also hardcoded the arguments for the path to fusion.exe and submitted the "sources-list.txt" as textfile. but this file seems to have a different syntax then the needed file.

can you provide me with some help on this file (syntax)?

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 5 months ago #15815

• Hammerhead
  • 8 years, 5 months ago
is there any progress for the upcoming 1.0 release?

We met with he guys from Fusion at IBC and they were good enough to supply us with a copy of Fusion 5. I've updated our code with the correct registry/exe paths but the scripting remains unchanged for now - we're still super-busy with porting, etc.

can you provide me with some help on this file (syntax)?

When Lightworks launches Fusion, it essentially issues the following command :

eyeonscript sourcesubst.dfscript dftransfer.txt fusion.exe

(full paths omitted here for simplicity). dftransfer.txt contains :

• the project frame rate
  • the selected fusion flow file
  • the desired target filename
  • a list of the sources referenced by the current effect

An example dftransfer.txt looks like this :

24 fps
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\P[0O89WS\RGB Colour Adjust(3).flw
C:\Material\DF-Out.AVI
V1
c:\Temp\SourceMedia1.mov,2668,5252,SourceName1
V2
c:\Temp\SourceMedia2.mov,4263,6846,SourceName2
Lightworks development
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by Hammerhead.

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 5 months ago #15816

• LW_for_Feature
  • Gold Boarder
  • 8 years, 5 months ago
I hope you guys can get this to work. This is a huge feature in my book since I also use Fusion. I hope the developers will take the time to get it right.

You're doing a great job so far Pingking! I wish you success.
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by LW_for_Feature.

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 5 months ago #15817

• pingking
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 years, 5 months ago
Hammerhead wrote:

• the prjoect frame rate
  • the selected fusion flow file
  • the desired target filename
  • a list of the sources referenced by the current effect

An example dftransfer.txt looks like this :

24 fps
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\P[0O89WS\RGB Colour Adjust(3).flw
C:\Material\DF-Out.AVI
V1
c:\Temp\SourceMedia1.mov,2668,5252,SourceName1
V2
c:\Temp\SourceMedia2.mov,4263,6846,SourceName2

that was the info i was looking for, will try it later if it works

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 5 months ago #15839

• pingking
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 years, 5 months ago
updated the code and tested it a little bit, should work

if you find anything odd or some errors feel free to contact me

download the new scripts
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by pingking.

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 5 months ago #16184

• pingking
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 years, 5 months ago
were you able to test it a bit? does it work?

just want to hear some feedback

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 1 month ago #19499

• pingking
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 years, 1 month ago
bumping this up

did some of the developers test it? can you implement it in the new versions?

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 1 month ago #19504

• Hammerhead
  • 8 years, 1 month ago
can you implement it in the new versions?

Work on Fusion 6 integration has begun
Lightworks development

Re: [SOLVED?] Digital Fusion "Assistant Application" 8 years, 1 month ago #19516

• sotitomo
Hey that's great news! I've been trying to use the assistant application with Fusion but it doesn't work. Hope it's all sorted out in the next release.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Scroll To Top