Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unofficial Wiki

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 7 years ago #11233

I have updated the AVCHD workflow wiki page and added the FFMBC and Virtualdub methods.
Desktop
Dell Inspiron 560MT. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor, 6 GB Dual Channel DDR3, Windows 7 64 bit SP1/Ubuntu Studio 14.04.2 duel boot. On-board graphics chip. Samsung SyncMaster S23B35OH LED monitor. EchoAudio Mia 24/96 soundcard.

Laptop
Dell Precision M6700, i7 3740QM CPU @2.70Ghz, NVidia Quadro K3000M, 8GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I am not employed by EditShare. I am a Lightworks user.
Last Edit: 7 years ago by shaunthesheep.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 9 months ago #14419

• milleja46
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
Why not post some of the more famous tutorials including the youtube stuff to it there on that wiki?

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 9 months ago #14502

• funkytwig
  • Senior Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
milleja46 wrote:
Why not post some of the more famous tutorials including the youtube stuff to it there on that wiki?

Cant see any reason ,go for it. It is afterall a Wiki.

Ben

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 9 months ago #14503

• funkytwig
  • Senior Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
drkuli wrote:
Well, everything is falling down, we call it gravitation...

EDIT

I've no time and skills to edit wiki, but AVCHD Workflow contains improper link to my preset for Mediacoder. In fact, the link points to my XMedia Recode preset (which is absent in this transcoder's section) and should point here.

Done

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 9 months ago #14504

• funkytwig
  • Senior Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
funkytwig wrote:
milleja46 wrote:

Cant see any reason ,go for it. It is afterall a Wiki.

Ben

sorry not paying attention.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 9 months ago #14512

• milleja46
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
I would put them on there but right now i've no time what with trying to get classwork done and other minor projects done, i only have the time to come on here and comment and respond...

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15857

• sotitomo
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
I think I found a mistake in the wiki. Under keyboard shortcuts descriptions it says:

Pop out original - Pops out selected clip or audio track into new viewer.

This is not what it does. When I use it I get a message that reads something like: The media is already original.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15903

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
sotitomo wrote:
Under keyboard shortcuts descriptions it says:

Pop out original - Pops out selected clip or audio track into new viewer.

This is not what it does.

That's exactly what it does. How and where are you trying to use the command?

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15907

• sotitomo
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
Well, by the description in the wiki: " Pops out selected clip or audio track into new viewer", I had the impression that this command would do what shift+left click does. Open a tile in a viewer.

So I selected a clip/tile in the bin and hit the key assigned to Pop Out Original.

The tile didn't open in a viewer. Nothing actually happened. I just got a pop up warning window saying something like " The media is already original".

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15910

• SMPse
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
'Pop Out Original' is used in an Edit when you want the original clip. No point using it on a clip in a bin since the clip is the original.
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by SMPse.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15920

• sotitomo
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
Oh, so I totally misunderstood what it did and definitely misused it. Thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, is there a way of going from the timeline/record viewer or source viewer to the bin without using the mouse? I'm finding it hard to grasp that it can't be done since even normal Microsoft Windows stuff has short cuts to move between windows and even programs.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15929

• SMPse
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
No. Why don't you just turn then bin's contents into an Edit with the bin command 'Make edit', and use that Edit as Source.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15933

• sotitomo
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
I'm sorry but I'm not sure I follow. Can the Make Edit command be accessed without the mouse or assigned to a key? And I'm still not sure how it would work or how that would help my "cause". Could you elaborate a bit more about this workflow? Thanks.
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by sotitomo.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15941

• SMPse
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
You have to use the mouse for a few seconds.
Let's say you have a bin with 20 clips. If you use 'Make edit' there will be an Edit that contain all the 20 clips. You then use this Edit as Source, and can use your console's Left&Right to browse through the clips. You can combine these Edits, one for every bin, into a 'Master' edit that contain all your bin's material, open it as a viewer, and you never have to look into a bin again. This is if you like to tap on keys, alot. Personally I find it more convenient to use the mouse once in a while.

Re: New Unofficial Wiki 6 years, 8 months ago #15951

• sotitomo
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 8 months ago
Thanks. I tried it and I must say it almost works. It's really not bad and does what I want which is keep my hands on the console.
But one problem is that the mark in and out diamonds are not on each clip. It seems as I move on to other clips so do the marks and when I come back to the clip I must mark it again. Also, I don't have a visual representenation of where I'm going till I hit the clip. So it's hard to go straight to a clip because I don't see the names or separated tiles, which if you have a lot of clips would actually slow you down instead of speeding it up.
Am I overlooking something in this process?

I was looking for a way to assign the shift-click command which opens a clip in a new Viewer to a button on my hardware console. But this command is not listed under the keyboard customize tool. Unless it has another name? Do you know a way to assign this to a key?

Although that would give one more option to go from bin to timeline but not a way back to the bin, which is the main problem since you have other ways of going to the timeline. Like marking the clip in the bin or hitting F12 to mark the clip without opening it on a Source Viewer, and once you hit insert the program takes you to the timeline anyway. The way back is the main problem.

But it would still be nice to know if you can assign the shift+left click that opens the clip in a viewer to a console user key.

By the way, do you have a hardware console? What functions do you have assigned to the 8 user keys?

P.S. I know people are probably going "Just use the dreaded mouse already!" (if there's anybody else reading this besides you ) and I know this is naturally an option. I'm just trying to find ways to streamline my workflow as much as possible and studying all the options with this great program which is Lightworks.
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by sotitomo.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds
Scroll To Top