Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting

[SOLVED] My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 3 years, 7 months ago #80863

• The_Semaj
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I was trying to export my first video today and when I put my username and password into their respective boxes on the export window it would always say it was invalid. Please help.

gyazo.com/8d6f9ffe628ce7be0275cce469a0da2c
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by jwrl.
The topic has been locked.

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 3 years, 7 months ago #80864

• asilnevs
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Are you sure that you used the Youtube loginname/password and not those of Lightworks.
Laptop: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz / System memory: 4GB / 64 bits / NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT / Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller / Harddisks: 2 x 500GB SSD / OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Lightworks Pro 14.0

Desktop: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 3.60GHz / System memory: 16GB / 64bits / Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller / Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller / Harddisks: SSD 128GB - HD 500GB - HD 2TB / OS: Ubuntu 16.04 / Lightworks Pro 14.0

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 3 years, 7 months ago #80866

• The_Semaj
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Yup.

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 3 years, 7 months ago #80881

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
I have no idea why this happens, and it doesn't seem to happen to everybody, either. The workaround is simple, simply save your file to your desktop and manually upload from there. You just need to uncheck the "Export to Youtube.com" box.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by jwrl.

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 3 years, 7 months ago #81416

• rmcmillen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Not only am I having the same problem having tried using both my youtube and my lightworks username and password when prompted as I am exporting, BUT I'm also having trouble when trying to export the project to my computer so that I could just upload it from my computer to youtube.

When doing so all the little aspects (clips and such) get put into a folder, but none of the items exported are the actual finished project. I have clicked every last thing that was exported onto my laptop and none of them is the finished project.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobis.... you're my only hopes

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 3 years, 7 months ago #81417

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Select YouTube export.
Uncheck the upload to Youtube option.
Enter a file name an folder destination for your edit export at the bottom of the menu.
Hit start.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years, 11 months ago #94005

• arnorbarkar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
you have to turn on access for less secure apps on your google account, www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years, 11 months ago #94007

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you arnorbarkar! First post here, and it's solving a user's problem.

Welcome to the forums.

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years, 4 months ago #105271

• Adenzel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
arnorbarkar wrote:
you have to turn on access for less secure apps on your google account, www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Thank you this helped me out too as I had no idea this was even a thing. Also far more useful than another "just upload it manually" post =)

Re: My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years, 3 months ago #107968

• jaggtmolina
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 3 months ago
THANK YOU. had no idea google even had this feature. thanks again!

Re: [SOLVED] My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years ago #114420

• FeileCase
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years ago
I'm utilizing FREE Lightworks Basic V12.
My issue is similar in that when only Exporting to my PC, I kept getting a red INVALID USER NAME every time I tried exporting.
I would click the Login Button to see what would happen ...as that's all that was available to me and it would reroute me to VIMEO.
--- So after many (#&%@in) tries I decided to use my VIMEO account & sign in to the VIMEO account Page & *VoilĂ *!

NOW I can Export to my Pc.

Re: [SOLVED] My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years ago #114422

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please ensure that your export is set to YouTube (which is limited to 720p) and if you just wish to export onto your hard drive, don't click the upload to YouTube.

1080p is only available as a direct upload to Vimeo.

Re: [SOLVED] My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years ago #114431

• DRice
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years ago
The free version does not allow this, right? I thought he said he had the free, but I'm having problems (I also have the free) and every forum says [solved] when someone has the same reply that you did.

Re: [SOLVED] My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years ago #114435

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years ago
Welcome to the forum.

The Free Version of Lightworks V12.6 allows you to export video suitable for YouTube up to 720p either for upload or onto your hard drive.

It also allows you export 1080p directly up to Vimeo.

Select either Youtube or Vimeo in the export format setting.

You'll also find these setting on P134 & P135 of the User Guide found in Downloads > documentation
Last Edit: 2 years ago by briandrys.

Re: [SOLVED] My YouTube username and password won't work when exporting 2 years ago #114512

• FeileCase
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Thanks for letting me know this now. I just got BANNED from VIMEO because I Did NOT know that my video was being uploaded simultaneously to the public there.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.90 seconds
Scroll To Top