Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Laptop Hybrid GPU assigning to Lightworks

Laptop Hybrid GPU assigning to Lightworks 8 years, 7 months ago #6441

• drkuli
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 7 months ago
Good point. But I wouldn't be myself, without a rant: could Microsoft and others start to count their own electricity bills, not mine??? Any green/eco energy saving option is not suitable for any serious work on DAW/NLE workstation. And I have another ways to save the planet, than Microsoft/Intel/NVidia a.s.o. And don't want to waste more electricity on customizing Windows to my tasks, than on real work (to save the planet, howgh!).
i5-2500K@4.5GHz | Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 | Radeon HD4850 1GB GDDR3 + Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 2xHP w2408h + Sony PWM14L2 | OCZ Vertex2 40 GB + 2xSamsung HD502HJ | Welland ME751 HDD dock | Liteon iHAS424 | Corsair HX520 | Sharkoon Rebel9 Eco | Win7x64Ult.
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by drkuli.

Laptop Hybrid GPU assigning to Lightworks 8 years, 7 months ago #6443

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 7 months ago
You can set the default to the Nvidia chip and always use it for everything, but if you are just poking around on the web and running on battery, do you really care which GPU is doing the work?

Laptop Hybrid GPU assigning to Lightworks 8 years, 7 months ago #6444

• drkuli
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, I don't have any machine just for poking around. All my machines are hard working ones. If I don't have work for them - I just switch them off. There's more electricity wasted in standby mode or with fancy green/eco setting activated, than in intentional use of a switch to power off.

But it's not the point. I simply hate the vendors, which imply their customers are stupid enough to not realize what power switch is for. And force customers to track down each hidden function inbuilt into their products, in order to get back the full processing power of a product. The power which I already paid for.

EDIT

The point is not in not using the fifth gear or hiding it, or having some fancy voice messages when you use it for the first time. The point is in using the right gear, according to the road and traffic. And no car manufacturer tries to decide of it instead of you.
i5-2500K@4.5GHz | Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 | Radeon HD4850 1GB GDDR3 + Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 2xHP w2408h + Sony PWM14L2 | OCZ Vertex2 40 GB + 2xSamsung HD502HJ | Welland ME751 HDD dock | Liteon iHAS424 | Corsair HX520 | Sharkoon Rebel9 Eco | Win7x64Ult.
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by drkuli.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top