Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Customized columns and playback problems - New User

Customized columns and playback problems - New User 6 years, 9 months ago #49083

• blueorb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
Hi all.

I am a new user that and am trying to struggle my way through learning the basics of LW. I do this just as a hobby so I am by no means experienced with editing.

So far I have imported 3 files into a bin and I am trying to customize the columns in my bin. When I select my preferred columns and click on "Use", I am getting an error that reads "The selected drive is not ready - is there a disk in it". What does this mean? I see no options to select or change drives when just trying to customize my column view.

Also, when playing back my video clips (either while in tile view or when opening in a seperate playback window)my videos are sped up. Looks like a 1.5x forward speed up or something. Why is it doing that? How do I get my videos to play at a normal speed?
Edit to add...even though the video is being sped up on playback the audio is being played in normal speed.
Details on the three files: Format = 568x320 AVHCD, Rate = 60 FPS.

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by blueorb.

Re: Customized columns and playback problems - New User 6 years, 9 months ago #49092

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
I am getting an error that reads "The selected drive is not ready - is there a disk in it".

The customized columns are saved to a text file on the Windows drive (usually C:\) but Lightworks, for an unknown reason, has permission issues with it. Run Lightworks as an Admin (right-click LW icon) and you be able to modify and save your columns. Also, there is no sense running Lightworks as an Admin afterwards.

My videos are sped up. Looks like a 1.5x forward speed up or something.

If you download MediaInfo and provide the results for your file, we'll have a better idea of what you're working with. 568x320 is a very funky resolution. Anyway, the problem is most likely related to creating a 60 fps project when your clips are really 29.97 fps, though that would be double speed. So, you can provide the MediaInfo or try importing your clips into a 30 fps project. Good luck!
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta

Re: Customized columns and playback problems - New User 6 years, 9 months ago #49141

• blueorb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
Thank you for the help. I downloaded MediaInfo and see that the files are actually 30 FPS. Of course, all this does is confuse me.
I recorded these videos using a GoPro Hero3 using the 720x60fps mode. But, now I am learning that these files are not, in fact, 60 fps but are 30 instead. How can that be? What am I not understanding?

Also, when editing the files in LW the video looks blurry. Not at all HD quality like what should be from a GoPro. Any idea on that?

Re: Customized columns and playback problems - New User 6 years, 9 months ago #49142

• ABCRONNIE
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
Hi blueorb

Welcome to the forum. Which model are you using to shoot with. White, Silver or Black Hero 3?.
I noticed the following in the review for this camera.

Improved video processor
Next, we come to the improved image processor: the component of the Hero3 that most differentiates the Black, White, and Silver editions.

The Black Edition has the newest, fastest processor of the bunch, packing twice the pixel-crunching horsepower of the Hero 2 that we loved so much. In addition to delivering video that is claimed to be twice as sharp as the Hero 2's with improved low-light performance, the Black Edition is able to capture 1080p full-HD video at up to 60fps, 960p Tall HD video (4:3 aspect ratio) at up to 100fps, 720p HD at up to 120fps, and WVGA 480p video at up to 240fps, making it good for slow-motion video.

Cheers

Ronnie
SYSTEM 1
Alienware M17X R3 Laptop Core i7 2760QM CPU
@ 2.4 Ghz.
8 Gig Ram 1600 DDR3
NVidia 560 M Graphics.
1.5 TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD. Raid 0
17" Full 1920x1080 LED Display
2 x USB 3, 1 x ESata, 1 Gig Ethernet, HDMI 1.4 O/P 2 x USB 2.0 Ports.
Display Port, Blu-Ray / DVD Recorder
Windows 7 64 Bit Pro SP 1. LightworksV11.5.1 Pro. 32bit & 64bit.
SYSTEM 2
Apple MACBook PRO Mid 2012 15inch
Software OS Software OS X 10.8.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
6TB Thunderbolt Raid 5 Media Drive. 750GB Sys Drive

Re: Customized columns and playback problems - New User 6 years, 9 months ago #49143

• blueorb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
Hi.

I am using the Hero3 Black edition and am recording in the 720x60fps mode. As you can see in your paste the Hero 3 can record in 720 up to 120 FPS but yet, when I use MediaInfo to view the file data, it is only showing as 30FPS.
This is all very confusing to me. Should I paste the file data info from MediaInfo to this post? How do I do that?

Edit..nevermind. I am trying to attach a link to the file in my Dropbox acct but it's not working.

Attachment GoPro MediaInfo data.html not found

Re: Customized columns and playback problems - New User 6 years, 9 months ago #49146

• ABCRONNIE
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
Hi blueorb

Just in case it is a firmware issue, have you updated the camera with the update released on 20th April 2013.

You will need to connect the camera to your PC via USB along with inserting an SD card to do the update whilst the camera is connected.

Log onto GoPro Hero website and under support you will find the instructions to check your camera's firmware and update if necessary.

Cheers

Ronnie
SYSTEM 1
Alienware M17X R3 Laptop Core i7 2760QM CPU
@ 2.4 Ghz.
8 Gig Ram 1600 DDR3
NVidia 560 M Graphics.
1.5 TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD. Raid 0
17" Full 1920x1080 LED Display
2 x USB 3, 1 x ESata, 1 Gig Ethernet, HDMI 1.4 O/P 2 x USB 2.0 Ports.
Display Port, Blu-Ray / DVD Recorder
Windows 7 64 Bit Pro SP 1. LightworksV11.5.1 Pro. 32bit & 64bit.
SYSTEM 2
Apple MACBook PRO Mid 2012 15inch
Software OS Software OS X 10.8.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
6TB Thunderbolt Raid 5 Media Drive. 750GB Sys Drive
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by ABCRONNIE.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top