Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks playback and usage sloooow/freezes

Lightworks playback and usage sloooow/freezes 6 years, 10 months ago #47148

• Novahawk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
I was trying the free version of lightworks... I have a sufficiently fast PC optimized for gaming and Photo-Editing (incl. 16GB of RAM)... but Lightworks needs to load all the time - make Changes, load (in the 30sec to over a minute region)... run the edit, load (not displaying the movie correctly /freezes for a while), move the current position of the marker (lag and load)... I'm new to video editing, but found myself wanting more than Windows Movie Maker after my first edit (especially in the audio mixing area) Lightworks does look like a good tool... but I don't think my machine is that underpowered?
Am I doing something wrong?

More information: Movie file used: 9.5min 1080p 1.5GB wmv at 25 fps (as the free version does not support mp4). (I can stream the 1GB MP4 easily from my website... I'd believe it should run better locally)

Machine:
Windows 7 64bit, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz, Gainward GTX-580 Phantom 3GB, SSD
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Novahawk.

Re: Lightroom playback and usage sloooow/freezes 6 years, 10 months ago #47149

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
Have you tried Eyeframe www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=30817&Itemid=81

It converts codecs into more Lightworks free friendly ones. If you can wait, the Upcoming 11.1 may help, it's due out on the 28th May and the free version transcodes some of the consumer type codecs.

Re: Lightroom playback and usage sloooow/freezes 6 years, 10 months ago #47150

• Novahawk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
Thanks - I can try that - although my comp is anything but a low end rig...

Maybe I'll just wait for 11.1 in that case though - I do prefer an application without hacks and addons to make it run

PS: Just realized my title was Lightroom instead of Lightworks... must be the nightmares

Re: Lightroom playback and usage sloooow/freezes 6 years, 10 months ago #47151

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
The Free version handles a limited range of codecs, the Pro version includes the license to use these in the subscription. However, the 11.1 free version will transcode some of the common consumer codecs, but not edit them natively.

The EyeFrame is worth having anyway, especially with the Free version.
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by briandrys.

Re: Lightroom playback and usage sloooow/freezes 6 years, 10 months ago #47154

• Novahawk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
Ok... that sounds relatable... so wmv is probably even now just transcoded, but not natively currently? I'll definetly give EyeFrame a go then
I'll happily switch to Pro, once I feel comfortable with what I am using Many thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top