Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FYI, This is an interesting factoid about the AVI format and aspect ratio.

FYI, This is an interesting factoid about the AVI format and aspect ratio. 6 years, 2 months ago #41842

• britcom
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 years, 2 months ago
I was trying to discover what was causing a change in the aspect ratio of my exported video. My exported video came out squeezed from the sides. I didn't know if it was a LW bug, a problem with my player, or something else. I discovered on another site that the long-in-the-tooth AVI format (container) doesn't include aspect ratio in the meta data inside the container and I think that was the source of the problem I was seeing.

Here is the exact quote: "One of the most maddening things about AVI today is that the format doesn't allow for specifying an aspect ratio, so a 16:9 AVI video may start displaying at 4:3 - this is less of a problem if your player allows you to manually select aspect ratios."

Source Link
- Seán Mx

Lightworks Free x64 & x32 v.14.0.0.0 | Acer Aspire AX3400G-U4802 Desktop PC Black | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 | AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor, 3100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) | ATI Radeon HD 5570 GPU | 4 GB RAM | 1 TB HD | Acer AL2017 LCD Flat panel display (20") Black | Dell L100 104 key USB keyboard Black | Acer optical wheel mouse Black | DVD-RW burner | AVG AntiVirus Free 18.5.3931.0 | QuickTime 7.7.3 | Windows 7 Firewall
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by britcom. Reason: clarity
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top