Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't Import.

Can't Import. 6 years ago #41209

• Icarus12
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years ago
I have a Panasonic HDC-SD40 camcorder.it's an AVCHD, but it won't allow me to import anything into light works. Anyone who knows how to import it, your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Can't Import. 6 years ago #41213

• jacquestoo
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 6 years ago
Welcome to the forum, @Icarus12! My advice would be to download a program called Eyeframe. It's free, as wellas specifically written for the use with Lightworks by a Lightworks user and forum member. This program allows you to convert your AVCHD files into a codec that's a lot easier on your CPU and GPU, as well as better suited for the purpose of editing. It also gives you the possibility to convert to proxy files of a lower density. The quality difference of the resulting files is negligible. The savings in processing time is considerable. Hope this helps! J.

Re: Can't Import. 6 years ago #41225

• Icarus12
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years ago
I downloaded it, but it still won't let me upload the videos. Is there anyway to change the fps rate?
\

Re: Can't Import. 6 years ago #41235

Note that AVCHD is not supported in Lightworks Free. it is an expensive commercial codec and has to be licensed from Apple. The Pro version of Lightworks does allow native editing of AVCHD without the need to transcode but bear in mind that you will need a powerful CPU to handle it.

An alternative to using Eyeframe is to register for the latest Beta version of Lightworks which can transcode from AVCHD on import to a supported codec. You can register for the Beta here. Also bear in mind that Beta software is for testing and is by definition not bug-free and should not be used for important projects.
Desktop
Dell Inspiron 560MT. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor, 6 GB Dual Channel DDR3, Windows 7 64 bit SP1/Ubuntu Studio 14.04.2 duel boot. On-board graphics chip. Samsung SyncMaster S23B35OH LED monitor. EchoAudio Mia 24/96 soundcard.

Laptop
Dell Precision M6700, i7 3740QM CPU @2.70Ghz, NVidia Quadro K3000M, 8GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I am not employed by EditShare. I am a Lightworks user.
Last Edit: 6 years ago by shaunthesheep.

Re: Can't Import. 6 years ago #41256

• jacquestoo
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 6 years ago
Answering your question re. frame rates. Yes, the frame rate can be adjusted. Initally, on the project settings, when you set up for a new project. If I'm not mistaken you can click on the left right corner and choose from a menu, on an existing project. J.

Re: Can't Import. 5 years, 11 months ago #42807

• airbrushjohn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 11 months ago
i have a Sony HDR-AS10 Action Cam, and i have tried all day to get the vid imported into lightworks free, i have been using eye frame converter, no luck at all! if i had 2500 bucks to buy a stupid mac just to be able to use imovie, i would but damn, whats the trick with this stuff?
thanks in advance! john

Re: Can't Import. 5 years, 11 months ago #42809

• tin2tin
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 11 months ago
Can you paste a Media Info on the files you're trying to convert?
Left right left right left right left
I love working for uncle Sam - I love working for uncle Sam
Let's me know iust who I am - let's me know just who I am

Re: Can't Import. 5 years, 11 months ago #42812

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 11 months ago
The Sony HDR-AS10 spec sheet says AVC/h264/AAC.mp4. Check your import settings.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Can't Import. 5 years, 11 months ago #42814

• airbrushjohn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 11 months ago
well lightworks just stopped working all together, so i uninstalled, and tried to reinstall, and there are quite a few files, that won't open, so i guess i won't be able to use this program after all, oh well 2 days wasted, thank you !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top