Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Description of the menu cogs

Description of the menu cogs 6 years, 4 months ago #40251

• wo0dy
Where can I find a description of the menu cogs to know how to use these features ?
Can anyone here in the forum will be able to write an explanation for beginners ?

Edit Commands

1. Add and Delete tracks - I understand. Add a new track, or delete.
2. Group tracks - I know this is to create a group of tracks. I do not understand why this is necessary ? Need your help.
3. Consolidate - I do not know what it is ? Need your help when it is required to use ?
4. Find material to fill edit - I know that it helps to find something from the material to be edited. I do not know that this is for the material. Need your help when it is required to use ?
5. Make sync or print - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?
6. Trace - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?
7. Simplify - This I learned here on the forum. This removes empty cuts and on the audio track of something like that.
8. Make synchroniser - I only know that it is connected as a sync. Need your help when it is required to use ?
9. Cue Panel - I know. This Show panel of key points.
10. Audio chequerboarding - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?
11. Audio Mixer Panel - I know. This Show panel mix to work with sound.
12. BITC Panel - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?
13. Distroy this edit - I know. Delete this editing.
14. Trim-view enabled - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?

Panel Add Effects - cogs - Effects Commands

15. Refrech list - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?
16. Create template form .FX file - I know. This to add and activation of new custom effects.
17. Show thumbnails - I know. This is to choose whether or not to display thumbnails preview samples effects.
18. Auto configure new effects - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?
19. Allow folded effects - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ? What does it mean sophisticated effects? What is the difference between simple effects ?
20. Assistant Applications... - I do not know what it is. Need your help when it is required to use ?

Re: Description of the menu cogs 6 years, 4 months ago #40255

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 4 months ago
Please download and search the User Guide on the Downloads page. This should answer all of your questions. Since you are a beginner, check out the Official Video Tutorials that walk new users through the basics.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta

Re: Description of the menu cogs 6 years, 4 months ago #40295

• wo0dy
User Guide and the Official Video Tutorials - It's not what I need. There is no special section of the menu screws. There is little information about the description of the menu screws. Who can create a new partition Terminology menu cogs ? As was done for "A Guide to Lightworks Lingo (Terminology)".
I've seen similar questions here on the forum. It is unfortunate that they are ignored and not discussed. Why is that ?

Re: Description of the menu cogs 6 years, 4 months ago #40299

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 years, 4 months ago
I suspect you're currently pointing to a gap in the training literature. This may be filled by third party "how to" or "for Dummies" writers, the current user guide is more or less the same as used by professional editors using Lightworks. They might update with a new guide when version 11.1 is released, with more detail in some sections.

Some of your questions need a bit more detail than a glossary for the cog menus. However, using the current guide's index a number of your questions will be answered, while others are general editing questions. Unfortunately, the answers to many of these are spread around the forum, which does involve searching.

I'm sure if you have a problem finding the answer to a particular question someone will give you an answer. There are also training videos that members made for the V10 beta that might assist you with cog menu details. These involve accessing operations, which are more complex than just terminology, one of the best methods of learning them is just playing with the menus.

www.youtube.com/user/shaunslwvids?feature=watch
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top